Evo question

I have an 03 and bought a stock lower meter kit off of a guy on ebay. I have to buy the wiring harness from Mitsubishi. I was wondering if my car was all set and I just have to plug it into something or do I still have to run all the wiring? Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

you will need the sending units that it uses. I assume you are talking about the gauges that sit under the radio

yup, those would be the gauges. Where would I get the sending units at?

also, just to let you know, my car knowledge is limited

hmm thats pritty obvise.

It depends on the guages where you want to tap in how accurent you want them. You could probibly talk to /\ don/carnut about doing it at the shop I’m sure he would set you up a good price. I know I asked about guages for my car.

The stock gauges are spliced in at certain spots. The boost gauge is a simple vacuum hose that splices in at the fuel pressure regulator, the oil temp gauge has a special oil pan drain plug that is available from the dealership. It came on the MR. It is a simple replacement of your stock drain plug its a really nice unit as well. The oil pressure I think just goes off what your oil pressure sending unit sends. I am not totally sure if there is a seperate sending unit, I never saw a dedicated unit when I have have had the engines out of MRs before so I think it is just wired in somewhere, where I could not say.

Good luck.