evo > shelby

so i guess its finally time to post this since everyone loved it and said i had to post it so here it goes…

last sunday (5/4) me and lenny ( mickdad246 ) got back to southgate from bubble tea and we were waiting for some people to get back when a brand new shelby gt and a little older gt showed up

i recognized the kid in the shelby, it was a kid who graduated from my school last year. anyways he thought he was all hott because he got a 40k shelby. so were were talking asking questions about each others car and all and doing a few pulls came up. i was game along with lenny and so were both these kids.

we were just joking around and brought up me running the shelby from a dig and he was into it. so we waited for a few people to show back up to southgate and then we were ready to go.

i asked him what kinda roll he wanted and he said no rolls we are going from a dig. i just laughed and said ok whatever u want. but i mentioned because of the location we were going i said a dig might be hard, so if it was busy and we couldn’t we would do a slow roll like a 20.

so we pull onto road XXX and the road is clear so we get set up, line up, 3 beeps. i 2 step and take off, he revs it and drops his clutch and lets say awd > rwd from a dig :biglol:

so after that we lined up for a 20 and had him by about 4 cars easily then shut down, he tried to give me a nice loser flyby but i downshifted and took off and passed him doing about 120ish.

we set back up and do another roll and i had him by over a car so i just shut down. he claims he was neck and neck but he wasn’t.

we took videos but lee is a lazy pos and hasn’t uploaded it yet
i will try to get them up soon
:smiley:

nice. did i see you at the tulip festival with don yesterday?

how much power are the new shelbys laying down \

Performance
Base Number of Cylinders: 8 Base Engine Size: 5.4 liters
Base Engine Type: V8 Horsepower: 500 hp
Max Horsepower: 6000 rpm Torque: 480 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4500 rpm Drive Type: RWD

but they weigh 4000 lbs

nope wasn’t me

yeah thats for the gt 500 like chuck basil’s
this was just a shelby gt
kid claims its like 350 hp or something like that

oh, nvm then

yeah
i looked it up
the shelby gt has 325-hp and 330 lb-ft of torque

Yeah here is the real story…

the first three races the evo pulled the shelby from digs and rolls because of the fact that the shelby owner was not driving the car the way it should have been.

When we finally got a good race in, the evo 3/4 car lengths ahead of the shelby and he decided to shutdown, for what reason, I have no idea. He wont answer that question. If that race had continued, no doubt in my mind, the shelby would have pulled on the evo.

Nice cars but with two experienced drivers, it would be a entirely different situation.

What’s done to the Evo? Track times?

didn’t realize i was an unexperienced driver and you are such a professional
if your so good how about we run again and u can drive the shelby and we will see who ends up on top
im not saying i am the ultimate driver or everyone else sucks
at the time i was the better drive and i pulled
thats it

and the evo is stock
dont have any track times yet, im going to nyi maybe this week or next week

haha mike everytime i hear this story (and this is like the 10th time lol) it gets better and better

im sorry about the vid but last race he was at ur bumper and creepin a bit u shut down at like 80 which made no sense ill post the vid today i upladed it already just to lazy to edit i promise i will. i love u bueme but u shouldnt of shut down so early

i agree about the driver things cuz that kid in the shelby def did not know how to drive but i guess we wont know unless they run again

im not trying to be real for real im just adding my honest opinion to this story.

your car from the factory should run low 13’s stock with a good driver and by good i mean a professional.

Shelby gt 5 hundos should run even lower 13.0 with a good driver again i do mean a professional.

You sir are nowhere near being even a decent driver at all. :rx3:

again im saying this not in a rude fashio just adding some sense to this. This means this other nummy num must have been either mentally ill or the worst driver ever.

again if you launch the car from a dig and shut down after about an 1/8th mile you will beat this car everytime. but this should have been much closer of a race. Given its nice to win because you are driving your car better than someone else, so i give you props there, but in this case i could have pulled a minimum of 6 cars on a brand new shelby gt 500 and that just doesnt seem proper.

yeah prolly shouldn’t but i was ahead
anyways if people want to dispute it
we can run again
and see what happens

doesn’t seem proper because its not a gt500
its only a shelby gt
gt500 is 500 hp
shelby gt is only rated at 325
my car is rated at 286

i did not realize they made these. in this case ok. you have a faster car and should pull everytime. you will obviously have the advantage from a dig, and top end, just lol, it shouldnt even be fair.

the dsm would pull 6 cars on a gt500?

u should post the vid of me n the EVO…

i beat this evo by 3-4 cars easy, without brake boosting, and shifting at 6k instead of 7k