Evo vs. Gto 5.7L

Today on my way to work on the xxx, I was in traffic minding my own business when i see a newer yellow 5.7L Gto up ahead. Did not think much about it until i got next to this kid and he floors it. Well my buddy and i kind of laugh, I mean it took off but not that quick to me. I was not sure how those cars moved.
Well after that I figured hey what the hell, why not. So I crept up to him and got next to him. I proceeded to drop it to 3rd and take off, he dropped it as well but a bit later.
I pulled on it but did not consider that fair but oh well. Well i proceed to get on the xxX and he follows. Well he gets next to me again, so Im like ok why not one more time and make it fair this time. Well he gives me the 3 beeps haha and we take off good this time. I pull on him through 3rd, hit 4th and continue. After this he gives me a fly by haha. I get off at the exit and go to work.

Good run guy whoever you may be. BTW my car still needs a tune lol

:tup:

Depending on your mods, those cars should be a few mph within each other, right? Nice run.

I think the 6.0L gto’s are a bit closer…

:tup:

5.7 GTOs are anywheres from low to mid 13 second cars (M6) to low 14 second cars (A4) stock

6sp 5.7 GTO’s trap higher than evo’s, so good kill, I know one stock 5.7 6sp GTO that killed a modded STI pretty nicely and ran with a tune/exhaust/intake MR after the goat got a full exhaust.

GTO’s are sleepers on the highway, I’m actually surprised to here you won without a tune, but autos are slower from a roll and not everyone drives stick well.

nice kill.

word. I think I know the car your referring to, and that particular sti:headbang:

yeah not sure whether it was auto or 6spd. prob auto