EVO vs Pontiac GTO

The GTO styling is decent…looks like shit in photos but in person the car looks nice. Its low, wide and sports some muscular lines. It may have some usually pontiac styling cues but it does not look like any grad prix. I dont think evos look any better then the GTO.

Australia:
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/vehicleentry?vehicleid=12

r u crazy??? It doesnt look bad but no way does it match to the evo. I like BOTH the STi and EVO looks. They both look great except the fact that Subaru STi has that nasty 2.5 engine which is not even close to JDM… I still dont understand why!!!

Evo isn’t exactly a head turner either. Looks like some grandma’s lancer with a big wing and a front mount. Love the car, could do without the styling. So to be fair, neither car is exactly a jaw dropper when it comes to looks.

Uh, don’t you guys realize it’s all a matter of personal preference?

I personally don’t think the Goat looks bad - I like the look of the Evo, I like the look of the STi, I like the look of my old Galant.

OH NO! My car doesn’t look good to 95% of the other people out there!

He’ not crazy - he just doesn’t like the Evo looks.

Nasty 2.5L? lol

Puts out more torque than you can shake a stick at, and still makes HP.

Not JDM?

Your Yaw-Control-less Evo is soooo not JDM also!!!

lol

I like that Pontiac’s flagship looks like a Pontiac. Kinda makes sense, ya know?

TRDharrier wrote:

They both look great except the fact that Subaru STi has that nasty 2.5 engine which is not even close to JDM… I still dont understand why!!!

Um…remind me why extra displacement is bad? Please supply a reason which isn’t “it’s not JDM”.

The GTO looks like crap, is moderately fast but is fun to drive. As for the original post, any car flying up on you like that is going to pass you. You don’t have a chance when they have a running start. It doesn’t necessarily mean it is a fast car.

As for the tool with the 04 GTO with the LS1, he may want to check his HP stats. Only 350 HP in 04.

And again, agreed, thay look like crap. Want to buy a slightly used one ? :wink:

cause torque is overrated?

I think the JDM’s might go to 2.5’s in '06 anyways. I know the Aussie version is getting the 2.5. I’m guessing WRC still limites a 2.0L displacement though, so maybe the JDM will still have a 2.0.

supposedly next year all the wrc teams are moving to the same engine, which would free up the limitations on them releasing the 2.0 in some areas.

musta been you, either way hot ride…still doens’t compare to my hot beater shadow…hehe

haha…ur right but my 5-speed tranny came from the RS. that damn P0300 code is annoying the hell out of me. I hate seeing that CEL. I am wondering if I need new plugs.

I was exagerating on the nasty 2,5L part. WRC limits to 2.5. I like the 2.0 engine in the STi more than the 2.5. But if I had the money, I would buy the STi and have it parked next to my EVO. It would be such a nice sight :smiley:

:biglaugh:

TRDharrier wrote:

WRC limits to 2.5.

Try again.