Evolution X MR

http://www.7tune.com/newtune/justin/evoxmr/mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_x_mr.jpg
http://www.7tune.com/newtune/justin/evoxmr/mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_x_mr_2.jpg
Since the Evolution X has been on the market for 6 months already, details are starting to arise concerning an MR version which will take its place above the GSR, offering more power and other enhancements to bring it more in line with the Subaru Impreza STi. Some of the subtle changes to the exterior include a revised front bumper, different alloy wheels and a two tier rear wing.

The engine and driveline will receive the most treatment though, with the 4B11 MIVEC engine and its twin scroll turbo being modified for increased airflow efficiency and a higher boost level to bring power to well over 300ps. This of course will put more stress on the Twin clutch SST gearbox which will be strengthened to cope with the extra torque. Best Car also mentions that the speed of gear changes will be increased while the ’shock’ of the shifts will be reduced; engineers anticipate the Twin clutch SST gearbox will have to be modified to cope with the added power and torque of the new MR version.

The concept S-AWC (Super All Wheel Control) system which featured active steering and roll control is being looked at for future models but won’t make an appearance on the Evolution X MR.
Text: Justin Karow

So, Vlad, can i get that little monkey spankin’ in smiley? Cuz i need to put like 50 of em right here.

wtf kind of dumb statement is that?

08 evo x gsr : 295bhp/311tq
08 sti : 305bhp/290tq

dont look at me, i didnt write it. Talk to Justin Karow

we have one coming in june and its already sold for like 3k over sticker, so after tax and tags like 60k :runaway

An evo for 60k?

fuck that.

Two tier wing :lol

the regular X is 40 :wtf

that fuckin blows…60 grand for a 4 cylinder…it just seems so fuckin wrong… :wtf

hopefully evo 8’s will go down in price. lol

worst 40-60k considering the other cars in that price range. :idiots

for another 10K you could walk away with a C6 Z06 and smoke an evo all day long anyway you wanted too!

and look damn sexy doin it

Dealer’s aren’t allowed to sell the EVO’s over sticker.

thats a joke, my friends a mitsu sales person in Washington at Karmart VW/mitsubishi, and they sell Evos for 5k over sticker.

the Z06 is not nearly as practical as the Evo is, not everyone wants a highly capable 2 door, hardtop no room coupe, some actually need to carry more than themselves and a ditzy companion.

WTF! Aren’t the new evo Xs around 38K? You are saying this new MR has a sticker for 57K… are you serious? There has to be some substantial mods to justify that price.

I used to think the 30K mugen civic was the worst buy ever… a 60K evo, I think that may beat it

+1

Just when you thought Mitsu got their act together. It might work. Didn’t the retards pay similiar cost for an EVO MR that was STRIPPED down?

I thought the RS was the stripped down Evo… :confused

Was it? Whichever is the stripped down one. :slight_smile: