Another Evo X review: MotorTrend

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0711_2008_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_x/index.html

I like it.

eh, its weaksauce IMO

I like the performance. The torque biasing is fancy. I like the front. I don’t like the back. A little pricey IMO.

I don’t know about pricey, the EVO has always cost less than it’s rivals (STi, Mazdaspeed 6), this is the first time that the sticker is identical to the STi. For the gizmos that you are getting, I’m not complaining about the price. Something about the look of the car bothers me. I can’t put my finger on it. Sounds like a blast to drive though, and that’s what matters with this car.

i know - the skidpad is crazyyyyy.

The looks, not so much. All good cars kinda get watered down and bloated after a while no matter what :frowning:

i would.

I’m curious to know how this will new aluminum engine will take to more boost and mods. The Evo 4G63 was a pretty fantastic motor.

I dunno man i got my speed6 with a $5k discount :)… Sticker for sticker, the evo was still more. I wouldn’t compare them very closely either, the speed6 is way more a grocery getter/family car, and way less…well…evo…

I’d really like to get an evo one day, but damn the price is high. I guess I should just do it one of these times. With as little as I drive (8k per year), an evo would probably hold its value really well.

its heavier and slower than the 8, 9’s

I prefer the new STI

I liked the 8 and 9s better.

the interior looks great

god i’m such an MB owner :roll:

I like the new Evo X, but thats because I have an IX. The car has lost some of its edge. Similar to the change from the E30 M3 to the E36 M3.

I would buy one and maybe let my wife drive it with the dual clutch auto transmission. I think its pretty cool that Mitsu is offering a 2 piece front brake rotor from the factory along with bringing over S-AWC and all of the other technology (acronyms). Still can’t find as good of a deal at this price for a brand new car with a 10 year / 100,000 mile warranty.

Too bad this is still the only thing in the Mitsu line up thats exciting

thats what I was thinking…their research and design departments must have spent all their time on the new evo…and not so much the design department either…but I’m sure we will all learn to like the new design as time goes on. I just want to drive it.

New toys in the evo 9 body would be much better. This thing looks like ass.

If you can get the car lower than invoice like I did you’re golden, My Evo is a year and a half old and its holding its value fairly well for a DD.

I’m not a fan of the Evo X but I will say this, the new STI looks like shit compared to the Evo X IMO. I like the options the Evo X comes with tho

i still cant wait till buschur/AMS/ETS, get ahold of a X and see how far they can push the 4B11T before it pops. im interested to see how far it can go

No one has seen it yet slappy! Anyway the new hats lookes a million times better than the new evo. Mitsu really fucked that one up.

My thoughts exactly. New car & motor…I will let mitsu get all the bugs/changes fixed before even looking at one also.

Jeller

i liked the styling in the first picture, but then i seen the rest (silver one) and i take it back, not-so-much to my liking, but i’d have to see it in person. i wish either this or the STI would have a 2/3 door option :frowning: