exhauset question

ok so i got pulled over today for a exhaust violation in west seneca. now the cop had said it was to loud i politely said to him that i had researched that there is a 93 db level that exhaust caint exceed before its considerd illegal.

can any come give me some info on if this is true about the db level and if it will any to bring this information to the police station

There used to be a sticky on here or maybe UBRF about how anything other than a stock exhaust is not legal in NYS. So I’m gonna say, it sucks, but you are in the wrong. Also… please use spell check :picard:

yeah kyle anything other than stock is illegal

^troof

ps - i luv ur sig deebo lolz!!

yes and no… if your exhaust rusts, falls off etc then you are not required to replace it with OEM parts. Therefore you can pick anything that will be legal by noise and emissions laws.

Every vehicle must be equipped with an adequate muffler. The muffler must be a device consisting of a series of
chambers or baffle plates and/or other mechanical designs, for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from an internal
combustion engine, and must be able to effectively reduce the noise. The use of “cut-outs” or “by-passes” is prohibited.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/mv529.pdf

Good luck.