Exhaust Leak~

Ok, so I got my brand new a’pexi N1 exhaust on… and less than 1 week later i notice a bit of a leak sound. my friend and i look underneath and notice that there’s a leak by the gasket in between the header&cat. it’s a brand new gasket! and it was installed correctly.

so here’s my question… do you guys think i should go with some kind of high-performance liquid gasket and try to cover all areas that couldnt be covered 'cause of my rusted header? (that’s the only explanation i can think of for the leak…)

is it worth it to go about buying new headers for my KA? i don’t plan on going KA-T for a while, so i don’t think the money would go to waste.

opinions?

headers are a waste and too much money…if its a gasket thats leaking, try and tighten it again, things can get loose in one week…it happens i work at an exhaust shop

The stock flanges always rot away. Use some liquid gasket there along with the stock gasket.

than why do all n/a performance cars get headers, so that the engine can exhaust gases easier and not lose power from the restriction, nothing wrong with headers, it will sound nicer too, your flange is warped, tightening wont do anything, you need liquid gasket, or a new flange

than why do all n/a performance cars get headers, so that the engine can exhaust gases easier and not lose power from the restriction, nothing wrong with headers, it will sound nicer too, your flange is warped, tightening wont do anything, you need liquid gasket, or a new flange[/quote]

ok why dont u read my post…i never said u loose power dont put words in my mouth buddy…all i said was they are a waste of money, what do u get like 4 maybe 5 hp at the wheels for 300 or 400 bucks…all i was saying is its a waste of money, and its f ing loud