exhaust w/o cat

is it possible for your exhaust to actually sound nice deep and smooth at high rpm with no cat? it seems whatever muffler i put on sounds like shit at high rpm, like i mean loud raspy, almost ricey sounding, not like a bumble bee but it sounds like im about to explode lol. if anyone knows of a muflfler that goes well with an sr20det with no cat and has a nice deep smooth tone at high rpm, can u please let me know

u need a turbo and it wont do that

why wouldnt u run a cat? get a 3 inch metal core magnaflow, or vibrant cat and have ur car street legal and sounding nice

does my car sound good ? or like a honduh

or get a resonator but like it was mentioned above why not get a high flow metal cat. The car will sound much better.

yes it sounds good and no it does not sound like a honduh… but u do got da V TAK

oh yeah true. i forgot about resonators. they can make the car sound way nicer!!!

maybe i should of bolded the part where i said i have an SR20DET, which means i have a turbo. so a high flow cat and a resonator and i’ll be good? anyone have any of these for sale?

lol i ony skimed through it

umm do u have a test pipe or a punched out cat?

its a hollowed out cat with pipe straight thru it (incase a cop or mto actually gets on there hands and knees and looks), the rest of the exhaust is straight standard size, no resonators or anything

well theres ur problem. Having no cat will give that raspy sound. i dont like the way it sounds

hmm i have a test pipe on mine and 3" from the turbo back no resinator just straight through muffler and its deep as hell

no rice sound from it

Ka / ka-t sound different from an sr .

his problem is the piping size. its stock with a muffler