>>>>>new exhaust <<<<<<

k so i got my custom 2.5"exhaust w/ apexi N1 muffler installed, and i got it welded right behind the cat(eliminating the 2nd cat) and its soooo loud and ricy! i hate it, i think its probably like over 150db. RICE!!! and its all crackly and not even close to the deep tone i wanted, if i just add a big ass resonater will that quieten it down alot? if this is how loud it is with no 2nd cat, i cant imagine with a header and no 1st cat. maby 3 resonaters haha.

help me guys i dont want to sound like a ricy civic! and trust me i do right now(way louder then any civic!)

wheres a good place to buy a resonater?

o and dont mind that ground wire im going to reattach that right now.

soundclip
Explore Kyle T

pics
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/special-k-0/eshaust002.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/special-k-0/eshaust004.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/special-k-0/eshaust001.jpg

If you got them to weld it behind the second cat, how could it eliminate it? I would try to find the biggest Magnaflow res you can to fit it on there, it will make it sound less hondish. It is 2.5" though so it will be louder then most exhausts. Why didn’t you go with the Stromung?

when i meant behind the cat, (as in looking from the front of the car to the back. ) eather way my 2nd cat is gone!!!
i dont care if its too loud. i just dont want the shitty honda rice can sound! its horible!!!
im going tom to get a resonater put in! are there different types of resonaters? or just sizes?

oo and i didnt get the stromung bc i definatly dont have the money for that! there way to expensive for me right now. i got this one cheap!($320)

You can get the resonators in all sizes. Just make sure that the inlet and outlet is 2.5". You can measure a straight section of your exhaust and see what is the biggest you can fit on. I would say that a 2.5" inlet/outlet, 4" wide, and whatever length oval Magnaflow would work. I have two magnaflows on my exhaust and it got the bees out.

BTW, when you add a header, it will sound even more ricer with this exhaust. :lol:

hmm. well im going to get a chambered 12" resonater(same one as in this setup below)
i want mine to sound like the one in the soundclip below, also im getting the ssautochrome header too, and this guy has a 3 inch and mine is 2.5 so mine will be quieter then his.

custom 3" A’pexi N1, SSA AutoChrome header, and SPI 3" in/outlet 12" long chambered resonator
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=TofuShop&pic=CustomApexi4.AVI

90$ resonater installed at park muffler!!! im going tommorow/

k so i got this right, the bigger the resonater, the deeper the tone? or what?

man oh man if your car is like that, i don’t wanna even hear mine when i get it back. DC header, gutted cat (test pipe) apex dual n1. … :oops:

Gotta pay to play.

well i dont exactially have a"test pipe" same kinda concept, i just got it cut off and my exhaust pipe instead of running from the cat back it starts where the cat used to be. so straight flow haha all the way to the muffler!!!, im getting my res tom, trust me you will HATE the sound of it!!! its sooo RAPSY that u will sound worse then a civic! mine is easly twice as loud as any civic(GUARANTEED) and i only have 1 muffler haha, 3 res. for u my friend!(nismo240r)

so im going to go with an 18" chambered res. just to be safe, since i dont have my 2nd cat and im getting a header so no 1st cat.

ohhh and btw i have a warrenty for 4 more yrs, since i got my 2nd cat taken out and im getting a header will this affect my warrenty?

I’m not sure if it will void any part of your warranty but if you ever have any problems in the future due to your header/exhaust, then it will not be covered. I’m not too sure, someone correct me if I’m wrong but unless you get a Nismo header, and have a licensed shop do it, it won’t void ur warranty.

On my old exhaust “setup”, it had the factory header, but the guy that owned it before me gutted the cat and slapped a resonator in there. When i drove it up north, i ripped the exaust from the resonator. Sounded actually pretty good LOL. . .

I’ll have 1 muffler on this next one. . . :partyman:

It should not void your warrenty, just make sure you don’t throw a code with your header. They can’t deny you warrenty work because you changed a couple pipes, if they do, refer them to the Magnus law - or whatever it is called.

Also, loctite your butterflies if you haven’t already.

Hmmm… angled down muffler FTL. :?

so does a bigger res. make the sound(tone) deeper?

i need to know this before i go to the shop and but a res. on

Get the biggest one you can fit under the car. Bigger=deeper.

sweet thanks. i think i need my whole exhaust made of resonaters to get this cracker down to normal!

Yikes, ya that first sound clip was a little raspy… Post up another sound clip after you get your resonator put in, curious to hear the difference.

Put a turbo in the Exhaust stream, usually deepens things up. :smiley:

haha id love a turbo… but i dont have cash for that, and i want an sti so im not going to do out my spec v too much. and yes that was not only a little rapsy, it was EXTREAMLY rapsy, i turned down the quality on the cam so the file wasnt so big, but trust me its easly more rapsy then any civic and wayyyy louder! ill take a soundclip tonight after i install the biggest resonater i can buy.

i worked at an exhaust shop, bigger one will be deeper, and most of your rasp is coming from deleting your cat, so a res will help alot