WTB: Need help Exhaust!

hey everyone! i have a 2000 Si… i used to have a apexi exhaust when im selling and it sounded great but i parted it out everything except the muffler cuz im selling it!! and i replaced it with another one its the Tsudo N1… and im sick of it because its loud as shit and sounds like crap because its really crappy esp when ur at 5k cuz of the VTEC!!.. what do you guys recommend for a nice SI exhaust!! i want a not too loud but really really deep tone sounds… thanks

oh and ps… idk if this matters but i have a high-flow cat

ditch the high flow cat, that’s why your exhaust sounds shitty, or buy a big resonator and have it welded into your intermediate pipe. that high flow cat is costing you low end power anyway.

ditch the tsudo exhaust regardless, there’s a reason it’s only $100 on ebay.

thermal research
one of few mufflers that i have put on hondas that sound decent

Apex’i World Sport or Greddy SP2 both come to mind…looks semi-stock and doesn’t sound like ass. As already stated though, you could always put in a resonator to quiet things down, and the high flow cat is not helping you.

I’d vote adding a resonator plus something like a Magnaflow/Summit muffler for the cheaper option.

This needs elaborated a bit

An actual high flow cat will help lower the exhaust tone. Since he has a Megan cat, which isn’t a cat at all…it’s a test pipe basically…so in that respect it does suck. A good high flow cat can flow almost identically to a test pipe and most certainly dampen sounds a small amount. I run a 300 cell SMSP spun body, FYI. Secondly, low end power would be conserved and high end would will flow more than you need, so ditch the shite one on there now.

In order to cut down on noise…two things need to happen. You can either add another small resonator to the b-pipe, or cut the existing one off and weld in one long 22" one (that’s the longest you can fit under the car and still make the exhaust follow the OEM route). The other option is a CHAMBERED muffler i.e. Greddy SP2, Vibrant stealth, APexi WS, Magnaflow, etc. You current muffler is the culprit right now (exacerbated by the megan junk), straight-through mufflers…with little or no baffling…sound like shit. There are certain straight-through versions that are very well constructed and sound good, like Thermal, Espelir, Spoon, Amuse.

In the interest of cost…go pick up an SNL twin-loop muffler (roughly 60-70$ online…it’s a copy of the ver2 Mugen) and have Jeff weld it on for you.

smartest man alive!

my ws is straight through cheech

:bsflag:

good info ^ i assumed given the ebay exhaust it was an ebay “high flow cat” so i failed to elaborate on the differences.

Megan racing quality has improved somewhat though, I have the drift spec exhausts on both my hatch and my 4 door, it depends more on the application of it,

Hatch=Stock header/cat (d16y7) with megan cat-back…sounds awesome.
4 door= t3/t4 turbo to 3" downpipe with megan catback…loud as fuck.

Tsudo exhausts…sound like fuck even when they are still sitting in the shipping box.

WOrLD SPORT for SURE BRO!!!

LOL…Truth.

I have an SNL twin-loop that could easily be welded to your axleback, if you want it. Jeff at 1st Try could have it on your car in no time

I was behind discoSOL’s turbo Sol in the Liberty tunnels the other day…I saw him punch it, rear end squatted…I laughed to myself thinking that’s wimpy…the the turbo kicked in and this deafening blast roared past my already loud car…I wasn’t prepared for it since he has a stealthy chambered muffler.

how much u want for it

Jper on here does excellent exhaust modifications.

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/member.php?u=1166

$40 and it yours. Just PM me if you decide you want it. IT will drastically cut down your exhaust note.