Experiences w/ Rorich Dealerships in South Hills?

Has anyone had any bad experiences with the service dept. at any of the Rorich dealerships in the South Hills? I was happy with my purchase experience back in February of last year but I took my car in for it’s 10K maintenance today and they said that my front tires are almost bald :eek: I have just hit 10K and they are trying to say that my tires need replaced? I am driving a 2.3L Mazda3 that makes about 150ish HP (on a good day). I don’t race the car and I don’t drive it hard. I don’t see how it could already be low on tread. The original tires were RS-A’s and 205/50/17. I looked at the tires and think the tread looks ok to me. Has anyone else taken their car to Rorich to be told that they need maintenance or parts that aren’t necessary?

actually workin in the cochran service department we have been seeing alot of cars going through tires at around 10k.but first i would ask if they would pass state inpection.also if the tires are wearing on the edges it could b a alignment issue or over inflated if they are wearing out the centers. so it just all depends.i no the service writers make recommendations all the time.so yo should ask a few questions first.

I know those RSA don’t last too long…and the HP doesn’t really matter how fast your tires wear. Two things that wear your tires out fast are if they are under inflated and/or if it is out of alignment.

But I know a few people that bought their cars from Rorich and they are too impressed with the service dept. They were reluctant to fix stuff that was under warranty.

Yeah RS-A’s are junk tires.

When I bought my Cavalier it had 26k on it with the original RS-A’s and they barely passed inspection.

I would just check them yourself and see how much is left. I think they need 2/32nds to pass inspection.

Junk tires, and i know the Assistant manager of the Lexus service, so badmouth him and your car will never get fixxed,LMFAO

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41304

People say that about all dealers.People have to understand. If your complaint cant be dublicated theres nothing a technican can do. Because warrently will not pay the tech to just throw parts in it. If he or she has a vehicle come back for the same complaint they dont get paid. So they deffinetly want to get the car fixed right the first time.and i no the techs bitch about shitty warrenty work but having a shitter is better then having a empty rack and not makeing any money at all.

No I have had pretty good experiences with Rohrich Cadillac,no complaints at all.
Now Cochran thats a totally different story,I would never buy Anything from them but thats just my opinion.

will probably never go back to whoric toyota. Tried talking my wife into a $200+ dollar acc. belt replacement at 25k miles. Luckily they only got $80 out of her for the parts. When I changed them, the originals were in brand new condition. The squeaking she was complaining of ended up being a loose battery tray. Those guys are horrible.

and yes, those tires are crap. same ones on my wife’s car. gone at 24k city driving.

my best man from my wedding works in parts at Rorich lexus in north hills, if you want discounted parts , lemmie kno

My family has religiously bought all of our work trucks from Rorich since the early 90’s. They recently went to pick up a Tacoma for a new work truck, and they sold it to some other person, after they already put money down on it. The salesperson knew it, and could not even justify his actions. After this they won’t be buying much from them at all.

the service guy was just letting you know. did he tell you that he wouldnt let you leave with out replacing them. did he fail you for inspection and you had more then 2/32? my girlfriend jsut went thru this also as pewter pointed out. she bought her tires off of ebay. 325 for all 4 for 19’s with over 80% thread is awesome