extended warranties

Anyone have any info on extended warranties? I’m thinking of buying an '06 truck, and would like to purchase an extended warranty fo it. And I always feel like I’m getting ripped.

it’s like gambling… what model is the truck? look up some stuff on the Internet about it to see if it’s problematic at all or how much the normal upkeep is required…

aftermarket warranties suck, they fix with used parts so your basically back to square one with the problem soon enough. just save the money u were gonna use for buying it and use that to fix any problems yourself

Seriuosly guys, I thank you for your opinions, but I’m not in the market for opinions, I’m looking for info on warranties. Not if you really think its worth it or not.

Thanks,
Tom

def not worth it

u breal I’ll HOOK u UP!@

I bought one for my last car, a used Accord. The warranty was through Easy Care Gold and it was the total care plan. It cost $1,100. The car was about $13,000. This was in 2005. I never used it since nothing broke until the warranty ran out. The warranty was for 2 years or 100,000 miles. If you still have questions, feel free to ask.

i got one but just for 6 months. i figured if it’s gonna break it will be in heavy usuage pretty early on. they’re coming down in price, it really is a case by case scenario type of purchase you know?

Thats the kind of info I was looking for. A company name, and maybe what you got for what kind of money.

I’m really torn on this, because the last two vehicles I bought one for, the warranty never got used. They always broke after the warranty. Never really big enough breaks to have used the warranty even if it was still in effect.

But after checking a few companies, the dealers extended plan came in cheaper.

you are dumber then you look, why the hell would pay for extended warranty from a 3rd party source. buy a fucking truck from pewter will help you out more then any fuck headed POS warranty company…

Do all of you fayette county people drink from the idiot water ???

:rofl:

You always feel like you’re getting ripped off, everyone on here try’s agreeing with you that they are a rip off, then you say you’re not looking for opinions, you want info.

:rofl:

Warranties are good if you bought a new car worth X amount.
You have plenty of local sources to buy used and get a EXCELLENT customer satisfaction.

Why go to a 3rd party source that just wants your money. Do local and trust the seller.

Far as you know. that 3rd party company is in china. :rolleyes:
who does that really benefit???

The same people as buying from Wal*Mart…

Service contracts are always a crap shoot. I have had a number of them over the years, and have several now. Based on my experiences…

Do not buy a third party warranty. I have had some, and every single one, without exception, was a problem. One company (tri state mechanical) went out of business, bye bye $$. The other ones fought all the claims tooth and nail. Most will only cover the cost of used parts (like trannys etc). I had one that would only pay for 1 days rental when my tranny went out, but it took them 4 days to get their ‘adjuster’ to the dealer to ‘inspect’ it. They tried to weasel out of paying, but i was persistent. They finally agreed to pay for a junkyard unit, and thats the amount of $$ they authorized.

The service contracts i bought from the car companies have never been an issue. In most cases i have come out ahead on them. Whenever something needed fixed, it got fixed with no BS or arguments. I bought one for my wifes Scion when i bought it, but have not used it yet. Still have 2 or 3 years left on it though. I also have them on my Caliber and Jeep.
What kind of truck? Where are you buying it? can you get a certified unit? In terms of warranty, certifieds are the best deal. For example, a Dodge Ram truck certified will carry a 6/80 powertrain warranty, and you can upgrade that to a bumper to bumper warranty for not a lot of money. I would guess that GM and Ford have similar programs.

06 Chevy silverado form kenny ross, and it was a certified vehicle.

As of right now kenny ross seems to have the best warranty for the money, so I guess if I buy one it will be theirs. Theirs is Fidelity Warranties from the same Fidelity as the insurance company.

I went with a GM warrenty i wouldnt trust a outside company but thats just me. Then again i have a cadillac so when something breaks it costs 1,000 !
my heated steering wheel quit working and to replace it was 994 dollars. Glad i had a warrenty !!!

u vag ,heated steering wheel quit does ur pussy hirt?

Do what you want Tom, but i wouldn’t buy one unless it was directly from GM. The warranty company that gave me all the tranny grief was a division of firemans fund, which is a huge company.