Aftermaret Warranty? Who has one?

I just brought an audi and i plan on keeping this one for a while. i was looking into getting a warranty but dont even know where to start. has anyone have personal experience with any aftermarket warranty? if so what company is that and would you recommend that?
its a 2003 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro with 95k miles.
Is there any warranty company out there that covers over 100k?
Thanks in advance

http://www.pennwarrantycorp.com/

They’re good to 150k.

i’d be happy to get you one.

i’ll have to look into it, but it’s not going to be cheap.

PS - Penn Warranty Corp sucks balls.

beck i;ll pm you.

Easy Care FTW.

I will agree Penn sucks, I have a gmpp. are you planning on modding?

I have penn. 6 months came with the car when i bought it but i extended it to 3 years.

Have yet to use it though.

I have Penn, 3 years, unlimited mileage.

I’ve had a bit of work done, my mechanic says they are a bitch to deal with, and shit took a little longer, but in the end I got all my shit covered.

Yeah Penn has a history of taking a while for approval, haggling shop rate, and i have heard of them shipping salvage parts to cut cost and takes the part profit from the dealer. Granted not all the time but these are stories I have heard from some dealers that used to use them.

no plans on modding the car. gmpp can i get that for a audi?

i got one from west herr when i worked there. it was $1,700 with my discount or $2,500 without. covers everything and its in-voidable :slight_smile:

100k mile/5 year when I bought my car from Northtown. Cost was $1,700.

GMPP is GM protection plan which I think is the best option for a GM car. I work for GMAC so I was able to work my deal. For an Audi GMPP probably does not have as much going for it.

Buying a service contract for a car that is currently out of warranty usually has to be inspected in order to make sure you are not buying fire insurance for a house on fire.
Maybe some people that work at a dealership can speak up to see if they do that sort of thing.
I can only hook people up in warranty usually, but avoid it on this site due to modding/driving styles.

My father was a service manager for 35 + years and he says any aftermarket warranty is junk. They either go out of business or it is like pulling teeth to get them to cover something. See if you can get a factory extended warranty or don’t waste your money.
As previously stated, GMPP is a good one but I thought they only cover GM products.

So you would be able to hook me up because its a audi? :frowning:

Sorry, I can’t help man.

Cost wasn’t $1,700…you paid $1,700. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t believe that WH doesn’t just give their employee’s $100 over cost and be done with it. $2500 is the max that a bank will finance a ext. warranty for. Very few vehicles are this expensive to cover. (MB AMG, Porsche, etc etc)

Sorry dude, but that discount was all air and they probably made $1000 on you.

Touche.

maybe they did maybe they didnt, i dont really care. parents paid for it. i didnt even want one because i knew i was going to mod the shit out of my sti haha. oh well