Extended Warranty Recommendation

Just as the title states. My little brother purchased a 2009 Cobalt with 39k miles a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone have any extended warranty that worked out well?

Thanks.

Dont waste your money.
Gm powertrain should be 5/50(i think).

gwcwarranty.com

GWC picks up way more then just powertrain. And for a car like a Cobalt, which is not in a high risk group, it would be pretty cheap. I don’t have current 2013 rates, but I can’t imagine it being too much. Plans can be bought in all kinds of incriments too. 90 day/6 month/1 year, etc etc.

I haven’t actually looked at the existing warranty, but if it’s a 2009, it was sold in 2008, so it should be up sometime this year correct? I figured at the most he has until this October

GMPP, a couple dealers sell it online for a decent price.
Some programs will not let the dealer sell a service contract unless they inspect the vehicle first or it is currently still fully covered under the factory warranty. Otherwise you could buy the insurance after you hit the tree (blew up the motor).

Edit: 2009 MY should have a 5/100k powertrain and 3/36k bumper to bumper

We sell Guardian Extended Warranties at my work. They are the best we have found besides an actually extended warranty from the car manufacture.

dealer tried selling me warrenties beyond the 7yr/100k powertrain 39mo/39k bumper to bumper when i bought my truck…i said no. im having a hard time keeping myself from doing things to void warrenty lol.

i cant imagine a need for having an extended warrenty on a cobalt though, i mean yeah theyre cheap cars but parts will also be pretty cheap to replace.

I’ve never heard good things of a post factory or third party warranty.

I have one that I got through subaru and it has worked out well for me so far.

I had an airpump replaced ~$1500
bowl turbo cost me $150 and they covered the rest
replaced both catalytic converters

We sell an Interstate warranty as well as a GM Protection Plan. Give me a call and I can have one of our finance guys go over it with you if you’d like!

Its a cobalt, honestly just keep up on the maintenace and you should be fine.

I will call for sure soon

The reason I started this was because the car he bought (2 weeks ago) broke down Monday. Clutch went bad. The dealership (which I won’t mention, not Basil if anyone is wondering) said it was a wear item and wouldn’t cover it. So basically a 19 year old student making 150$ a week, who’s driven stick plenty beforehand gets a car and the clutch takes a shit two weeks into it, the dealership says there’s nothing they can do.

Long story short they paid for the clutch after my father got involved. I mean seriously how scummy that they would even try that.

So even though a clutch is a wear item, an extended warranty may not be a bad idea, and I’d be willing to purchase it for him.

Absolute and complete GARBAGE FUCKING GARBAGE BULLSHIT COMPANY

But seriously stay far away from gwc or really any extended warranties except those from the manufacturers

should have bought from basil…lol well aleast they replaced the cluth