Extended Warranties

I bought my 2001 s-10 about a year ago now but never got an extended warrenty. I kept telling myself I would get it later and just never did.
The truck only has 38,xxx on it as of now. Im looking for a warrenty that will cover suspension, motor and tranny. Any suggestions?

Whats the best bang for the buck. Would going back to the dealer be an option since they said they could help me out when that time came?

Or will there be a problem getting a warrenty for my truck when it is 6 years old.

Any info is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

It is very difficult to buy a service contract when you are out of factory warranty and have not purchase it at the time of sale.
Some dealers will do it after a full inspection (something you might have to pay for) and you would have to fix anything currently wrong with the vehicle.

Also is your car lowered or have rims that are not factory issued?
If either do not plan on having any suspension parts covered.

A 6 year old vehicle will be expensive to get coverage, but it is definitely available.

If you have any more questions let me know. I have been in the service contract business long enough to answer pretty much any question.

The truck is completely stock. Only thing it really needs is some new door pins as far as i know. I had declined the extended warenty at the dealer at time of purchase ( dumbass me) however they said i could always come back and they could work something out. I just wasnt sure what it would entail. Is it common for place to fully inspect the vehicle before they will offer a warrenty after you purchased a vehicle?

If they don’t it could open them up to pre-existing issues with the vehicle.
That being said there is always someone breaking the rules when it comes to car dealers.

thanks ron… picking on the little guys again…kidding

he’s absolutely right about the cost, it will probably be rather pricey and require an inspection by us before it goes active,

i sell them here at my store so if you want one, like everything else we have i will give you employee rates on it because your a Speeder.

2 that we use:
Easy Care >> probably the way to go in your case
GMPP (GM Protection Plan)

My personal opinion is look at the cost vs. effective use time and decide whether you really want to spend the money… sometimes it can be pointless to buy one, depends on each situation/vehicle/person. with all the warranties we helped people purchase i don’t think i have ever had one situation like another.

let me know if you have any questions or need any help buying one

The way i am looking at is is obvisously my trucks preveous owner didnt really drive it that much. Carfax only had a few service records on it so more then likely something is bound to go wrong somewhere down the road. I had an extended warrenty on my old car and it paid for itself within the frist few months of even having the car. The truck is 2.2l s10 and im not that hands on with repairing stuff. I have had my fair share of doing it and its just not for me and i would just like to avoid huge costs in repairs down the road. Thanks for the input i will be in contact with you Torqdss

Bro are you nuts?

No offense but good luck getting a warranty.

When I bought my f150 used it came with a 6 month bumper to bumper warranty for nothing, when that ran out the warranty company kept mailing me offers to renew the warranty for 2 years for like 2500 bucks.

Its a chevy truck, its cheap to work on, parts are cheap, and most mechanics know what to do with it.

Save your money, and keep it in good tune, and all the fluids changed.

2 years for $2,500 is a little redic
MSRP on a GMPP Bumper to Bumper for 36/36 on my CTS-V was like $2,200 (granted thats not what I paid)