External Network HD Question

http://www.superwarehouse.com/Buffalo_LinkStation_EZ_1_TB_Network_Hard_Drive/LS-C1.0TL/p/1543696

would i be able to access this from other people computers or if i was on vacation from my laptop?

Like add or drag and drop things onto it?

</b>

sigh

Technically yes… it really depends on how its set up… If it allows only your IP then no… If it pretty unsecure then sure you shouldn’t have a problem

Edit: I’m sorry I was assuming something else… one second let me re read

edit2: Yes you shouldn’t have a problem

ok so you looked @ it and its good to go?

how does that work? do i just go to a website or something?

anyone?

idk If this is going to do what you want…it seems like its a NAS for a LAN…

it is definitely a NAS, but I am sure that if you setup some port forwarding on the router, you could access it from outside the LAN. I however, would not recommend doing that.

Edit: It should support FTP just configure FTP on the NAS and setup portforwarding on your router…then use some dynamic dns program(so you can still get in if your IP changes)

Honestly, if this were me, I wouldn’t even bother with a NAS solution. Just setup sftp on computer on the network, forward the port and forget about it. Then you could just use ftp capabilities through your web browser or one of the many free ftp programs.

great u guys are speaking a foreign language to me. no clue what your talking about

coors light
circle track
chicken wings
keg party
mario kart

Now that I have your attention…

I can help you get this setup how you want it…