ExxonMobile post highest quarterly profit...EVER

why is that. find out how many gallons they pumped last quarter. k thanks.

its not to hard to realize they are making a miniscule amount per gallon. its the fact that they are moving HUGE amounts of it that they can make huge amounts of money.

I will propose that your little pool company must cap it’s ability to make anymore than $50,000 in one year(or some other number), if you make more than that, you must reduce prices of your services to make up for it.

compared to before 9/11 when gas was $1.20 a gallon…

does it cost any extra money to drill oil wells? no.

does it cost any extra money to refine oil? no.

so where the fuck is all of that extra money going? Into some rich asshole’s pocket you dumb motherfucker. The CEO’s multi-million dollar paychecks, helicopters, giant offices, and all of the money that they spend on “research and development” is merely an investment that will pay off big money for them in the future.

There are two numbers that you have to look at. Net AND Gross.

Their “paper profit” was only 11 billion, but their Gross income was 138 Billion.

If I take all of the money OC Pool Management makes and use it to buy a brand new $50,000 pickup, a big ass office, and pay myself $100,000 a year as the CEO, and the company only show a $1 profit, are you gonna call me up and offer me a place to stay since my company only made $1 of profit in a whole year!?!?!?!

swimming pools are not a matter of national fucking security, and the prices of maintaining them has no bearing on the total economic collapse of the entire fucking country. But I can see how you might think that the situations are similar. :hsugh:

who cares. over in great Britain its $10.25 for a US gallon

their taxes are way higher, and a good portion of that inflated number has to do with the US dollar sinking like a fucking rock in comparison to the British pound and the Euro. Don’t they have CNN in the truck stops, faggot?

where do they draw the line? You people seem to think that capping gas companies profits are a good idea, they will then cap every company. The less rules and goverment intervention, the better.

Does it suck paying this much for gas? yes

Does it suck having your military dependant on foreign oil? Yes

It’s all your fault.

I don’t advocate windfall taxes, but to sit there and say “oh the poor oil companies, they’re only making like half a penny per gallon” is fucking retarded.

I do however think that the government should set up some sort of bureaucracy charged with developing alternative, renewable, domestically produced energy in a movement akin to the challenge we came up with back in the 60’s of putting a man on the moon. It’s by far the most serious threat to this country. Someone could nuke 20 major US cities, and we would be alright in the long run.

But if all of the mideast decided to shut off their oil shipments, we would suffer complete and total economic collapse within weeks or months. Then the government would collapse, all social services would end. This includes the police, fire dept, etc… We’d implode, and the US would look like something out of Mad Max.

you sound like faux news quit posting