F*** Craigslist spam

why the hell is there so much spam on that damn site…gezz i posted up two things i want to sell and i get spam in less then 5 minutes and since last night ive had 6 emails that are totally bogas so i just emailed back f*** off and they never said anything

srsly? you really dont know why there is spam or are you just ranting?

Worst thing you can do is reply to spam. They then know you gave a legit email addy and you’re never gonna see the end of it.

Yahoo premium and other services offer disposable email addys which are great for things like newsletters and craigslist. You use the addy and trash it.

i know why but seriously its rediculous on craigslist lately…i use to use it no problem but now gezzz all the stupid emails i get

Well, when you put things up on craigslist with proper grammar and spelling you get less ridiculous responses.

Dear sir,

I would like to purchase your item and will also include an additional $400 USD for your troubles. I am out of town on Business in South Africa so you will be required to ship it. Please provide your name so I can wire you the correct amount.

Thank you
Ami Abu Dabi Ramah Don Chen

this is not true.

However cars get alot less shitty scam responses than electronics, I got 26 emails about my studio foam within 12 hrs, only 7 werent spam.

I put a ls1 for sale and I had reply’s like “we can meet tommorrow, I’ll be discreet”

I even got one from someone claiming to be a 14 year old in need of her first fuck :wtf: I was like way in shock. I’m selling a engine, not a sex wanted add, arrrrgh…
Some dumb ass stuff out there!

I got loads of car insurance spams when I listed my teg.
Listed a rolex and of course Nigeria was all up in my shit.

DO NOT email these spammers back and you lessen your chance of further spam from the same person. Also ALWAYS use the CL anonymous email so unless you reply they don’t have your email addy.

I had a bunch of stuff for sale when I moved recently. Put about 20 items up on Craigslist, and literally every response I got (about 15 of them) was spam. It has nothing to do with your listing being well worded.

I posted things on Craigslist several years ago with no issues, but I’ll never do it again after this most recent experience.

Just post up your phone number and say calls only.

just mention like “scammers will be ignored, dont waste my and your time” or “no shipping to nigerias” i will assure you wont get spam emails unless that scammer is retarted.

want less hassle? use a pay service like ebay.

this post is like complaining about the smell on a bus.

The best thing to do on Craigslist, is either put your buddy’s # in a fake m4m ad, watch him get all these phone calls OR put his car up 4sale w/his #. Craiglist is fun.

You can pretty much tell what ads are spam just by looking at them. If they don’t have a local # move on, or if the deal is WAY to good, w/ no contact info, move on.

I’ve never had a problem with spam and craigslist.

The gmail spam blocker must do a pretty good job.

I usually put up apartment rental ads.

ya but i dont feel like be raped on charges and fees

I will buy through eBay, but I don’t sell anymore. Too many horror stories about paypal, and the fees are ridiculous for small ticket items. Plus now you have to probably ship your item, which means shipping costs, plus packing the item so that the buyer doesn’t claim it was damaged on arrival and steal your item AND not pay. Not worth it.