craigslist lowballs

Anyone ever sell stuff on craigslist around here? i have never got such low balls in my life. it is pretty bad

It’s absurd.

Kids wanting to make payments. One kid wanted to trade his gray cloth interior for the black leather interior in my Jetta for $500 dollars. Because you know, that wouldn’t destroy the resale value.

the trades are funny to some guy said he would trade me a older then shit ir impact gun plus 20 dollars for mine.

yea besides the constant attempts of scams, a recent idiotic lowball for me was when someone offered me a 37 inch tv and $800 for my civic i was selling for $3400

someone just offered me 10 dollars for my air ratchet. i think i am going to say deal but he has to meet me in ferdonia

I have sold a shit load of cars on there as well as bought them. I just sold my CRV on there, I was asking $4200, I got a shit load of responses, one bitch wrote me and said something like, “Hi, I am in nursing school and really need a car to get back and forth to school. I only have $2800, will you take it? Dont think of it as a lower price, think of it as helping me out.” Ok, so I will take a $1400 loss to “HELP” you out? Dumb ass people.

Anyway, a couple from Marithon , NY drove three and a hlf hours and offered me $4000. So there are good and bad buyers on there. You just have to weed them out.

the thing that kills me about craigslist is 99% of the people selling stuff I email never even respond

Sold a broken tv for what I wanted, but got a ton of lowballs. Finally sold it for what I wanted.

Got my snowblower on there from a good guy. So far decent to use craigslist, but can be a pain to get what you want for things.

+1.

And weeding them out is easy enough. How long does it take to hit reply an type “no”, or if you’re feeling nice, “no thanks”. This is why I never list my phone number, just an email address. If your offer is good then you get the phone number. That white 3-series I had up here for a few days for a friend sold in 1 day once I put it on craigslist.

When buying I never offer their asking price. I usually start 30-40% under that and see if I get a response, even if I think the asking price is a good deal. I throw in something like “cash in hand, can pickup today” and most of the time people bite. Sometimes they come back with a counter offer but it’s almost always below their original price. Same tactic I use with the classifieds here as anyone I bought from can probably confirm. But when I say I’ll meet at 1pm I’m there at 12:55 with cash.

truth

I bought some stuff off craigslist that I wish I didn’t

oh i don’t leave my phone number.That is asking for stupid people to call.It is insane this stuff has been up for 12 hours maybe and i got 6 guys that have not offered me over 50 bucks

I hate when people don’t show up. I have had a bunch of cars for sale and i would say 50% of the time some douche wants to meet me and never shows, its pretty annoying

lol i got the scam email last week from some tard in Alabama, wanting a salt spreader we are selling here. He wanted to send a cert check and cover all shipping. I told him fine, give me a credit card and we will talkm never heard from him again. lol salt spreader in alabama, at least these scammers arent the smartest.

Tried selling my laptop for $1200, and got 1 offer for $600. haha. I actually emailed him back, “Good one!”

You should have said ok, but you have to have sex with me 1400 times. Don’t think of it as sex so much as a $1 payment.

+2

3 out of the 6 cars ive sold over the past two years were to people off of craigslist.But there will always be the attempt of scams and low balls.

lmao i just spit pop out on my keyboard.

i think 3sny has a premiere account there.

someone offered me 1000 for my bike and he was thats all i have to spend… i laughed… few hours later… kid pays me what i actually wanted… didnt even attemp to lowball! you get a odd mix off craigslist

lol, people shouldn’t get pissed about a lowball price.
Common sense says, Never post your price as what you Actually would like to get for something.
Thats like paying sticker on a new car.
Nobody’s gonna do that, except Hank Hill.