F.E.A.R.

Has anyone tried this game yet? The visuals in it are ridiculous. It’s an intense FPS that I would recommend anyone here to try. :tup::tup:

Make sure you have a higher end rig though… it’s graphically delicious.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/657/657310p1.html

One of the best games I played in a while!

wow… i have a decent comp, and i wont be playing that due to the specs… looks like i need a new tower soon

:word: Best shooter I’ve veer played.

My roomate just started playing it…he loves it.

i was thinking about putting it on my comp

ehhh

I liked it It looked good. but it was rather short.
(most fps are)
I rather play hl or bf2
4/5 i would say

I dont have a super computer :(…can anyone invite me over to play F.E.A.R?

I will bring beer :slight_smile:

what kind of FPS @ what res are you getting with your card Fetter?

Resolution: 1280x960x32
FPS: Right around 60 with a couple things turned up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/fetter/FEARSPDemo2006-02-2701-02-31-42.jpg

I just got it… damn is it a resource hog.

I got a chance to check it out this morning before work (didnt really have time to play) but @ 1280x1024x32 and the default detail settings with 4x AA it got pretty choppy depending on how many things it was drawing on the screen.

I’ll try and tweak it later tonight… seems pretty wild though :tup:

a question,… is this like Doom3 where things pop out and scare the shit out of ya? cause that shit sucks lol I bought Doom3 and havent played it for more than 2 hours tops

Great game. Very creepy. The weapons feel very satisfying to shoot as well. I think that HL2 is a better game but FEAR is very fun and a great online game.

Fetter what are your system specs? You seem to be running this game very well.

Its not really like Doom 3. Its a much better game and the scariness is more atmosphere and creepy visuals and sounds rather than things jumping out.
There is one spot where you have to climb down a ladder. As you start going down you look up and at where you were just standing on a the upper level and you see this creepy little girl standing there but then she disappears.

i played this all the way through, it was good but i still stand by fatal frame as a bajillion times scarier.

god I hate that game lol… I used to make my ex-g/f play thru the bad/scary parts :lol: :smiley:

:smiley:

Seriously good idea. I don’t know why but japanese children make the scariest ghosts ever.

Got it- Awesome game. Then I bought BF2 and haven’t played F.E.A.R sence.

:lol:

well, I messed around with it a little more when I got home last night.

the game is VERY forgiving. I was able to run it @ 1024X768 with most things turned on high except for textures/particle effects and some other stuff (which I switched to medium) and the beggest hog seemed to be shadows and volumetric lighting. Turn them off/mininum and thru the “test video” option I was getting 60 FPS :tup:

granted it doesnt look quite as good… but oh well, good enough to play :stuck_out_tongue:

I just got this game and it won’t run!! I keep getting the error: “Unable to initialize the renderer to a vaild video mode.” I went into the utility and set it to the lowest resolution and everything. Still nothing! I have the latest nVidia drivers, directX, windows updates, yada yada. What gives? Anyone know?

Specs:
Athlon 64 3000+
512MB RAM
300GB Raid 0
nvidia 6800GT 256MB

try re-installing drivers & directx maybe?

I know I had a few setting set to max and it told me my video card ddint support them… didnt crash out or anything though.