F**K HONDA IN THE BUCKEYE!!! RANT

So as some of you know I have rebuilt my Honda accords motor. I got the block bored and went with some 86.5mm CP 8.5:1 Pistons.

Long story short…I went to assemble the motor and ordered my parts from Majestic Honda online(bearings, gaskets, ect…). I ordered all green rod bearings and when they came only 2 fit!!! I have 8 bearings…all the same part numbers, but some were 1/4" to big!!! So I went to Honda North and reordered hoping for better results. Again! - Honda sent me wayyy to big of bearings again! Luckily, Honda North has an awesome parts department and they got it straightened out with honda. This only put me 2 weeks behind. :frowning: I should be ready for tuning on Monday of this upcoming week - see ya soon Hybrid :slight_smile:

2 other issues I had with putting this together were
1.)The small 10mm girdle bolts were supposed to be torqued to 36ft/lb according to hanes…snap…fuckers.
2.)Ordered a brand new T3/T4 Garrett turbo from a guy on ebay. It was shipped promtly but had some oddball ass flange on it…DEF. not T3. After being fucked by this guy and short on both time and money I ended up getting a Knockoff T3/T4 locally, as this was my only option unless I wait till July.

Honda North just called and said my bearing are SUPPOSED to be there tomorrow.

man, that sucks. hopefully i’ll be a learning experience :wink:

+1 for honda north. I deal with them all the time and they are very good.

What was the problem with the bottom end? is the crank and journals correct and you just got hte wrong bearings?

…and the 10mm headed bolts that hold the windage tray? u sure it wasn’t 36IN/lb!

That is what I was thinking. Helms are always correct, but I have noticed quite a few abberation with Haynes manuals. The torque numbers are not always right

it definitely said 36 FT/lbs. Honda North is fantastic! They are are 30 minutes away. Baerl is 2 minutes away. I DO NOT go to Baerl anymore LOL.

The bearings were for a completely different vehicle. They were actually hanging out 1/8" on each side of the journal…not even related to bearing colors.

sucks

good luck getting it all finished. hope the rest goes well for ya and the numbers are good

Honda just called, bearings are here…I’m going to finish building this thing - even if it takes me all night. Woot

3 turbos
1 blown
1 wrong
1 right
:slight_smile:

owhs noes… loooks like a chinese t3/t4 at the bottom there!

should of gotten JDM parts

I torqued mine to 36ft/lb with out snapping them.But i was specting to snap atleast one of them.Good luck with ur project.

36 ft-lb sounds about right for a 10mm. Are they graded bolts?

WOOT! Built my first motor in 10 years today w/ my buddy. It is 100% complete! Just need to put it in the car and finish up some other goodies this week.

You want to sell that turbo with the weird flange?

its sold already thanks anyways