Motor Building

i need my d16z6 bored for forged pistons
i bought new pistons, rods, rings, and bearings and need them installed

thats a nice story.

do you have a question, or were you just stating facts?

ok… what is a good shop in the WNY area to take my honda motor to and get my parts installed

Why do you need it bored, or do you mean honed? what did you buy for internals? are you sure your cylinder walls are within spec for your pistons and rings? if don, carnut, doesn’t chime in pm him about what shop he uses. they did a bunch of work for me before i assembled my z6.

im not quite sure what honed is? I bough vitara pistons +eagle rods , and the cylinder walls should be fine. i dont think the rest really matters.

stock bore or over bore pistons?

kind of an important bit

they are stock bore

why not do it your self :gotme: its kinda easy …have you called any places yet for prices or if they will even do it?

no i have not called around yet because im at school and was just curious of places people have been before. i probably will do it myself if its to pricey.

Vitara pistons need very tight bore tolerances to work well. i would take your bare block to napa on wehrle to get your bore sizes. what honing does is puts cross hatches on your cylinder walls to get a proper seal. i would also take your crank in to make sure it is also within spec before you continue any further. it’s critical for a high revving honda engine to have near perfect tolerances so that it’s not eating bearings monthly.

thanks for the help

so if the pistons are stock bore is it possiable that i just need to hone the block?

Possibly, when you have it bored make sure you bring in your piston specs as well as piston to wall tolerances so they don’t over hone the block. a hone will take a bit of material from the walls. i’d just take everything to napa and politely explain what you need and stress the importance of being in spec for those pistons.

now back to my origonal question… if i suddenly got the lazies and just wanted to pull the motor where can i take it to have this type of work done?

in my first post i said to pm carnut, or try napa on wehrle, both have done work for me. i did my final assembly though. also check out theoldone.com and read about notching which you have to do for eagle rods.

if the pistons u ordered are stock bore then you shouldnt bore it. The whole reason you would bore is because u have oversized pistons

PM’ed :slight_smile:

jonny, is this going in the sol?

yes sir

call me up so i can see this thing first, i’ll text you sometime so you have my number. this has got potential!