to those who have built their motors

Where did you take the block to have it bored out? I’m looking for a reputable shop to send my block to for them to bore it out for me.

If it matters its a sr20det, being bored .020 over.

close to you B&R Speed Shop allegheny river blvd.

better shop but farther away:
A1 Machine Shop in greensburg

i just dropped mine off at pittsburgh crankshaft

My buddy works at B&R. They can do it up for you there. I got my heads done there. I would go there again.

Domhoff’s in Zelionople has fast service…they charged me like $120 for a 4 banger block. SUPER FAST turnaround…usually 1 week at most.

thanks guys, i’ll have to give them all a call and see what they say and get some prices.

A1 Machine Shop in greensburg. i never took anything there but some guys i know recomened them.

Brokkers (spelling?) down on 51 did my motor, havent had a problem yet.

a1 has done a more sr’s in this area than anyone else i would assume, figuring hybrid deals w/ them.

sounds like a1 is gonna be my place then…

welp, the first step of the 2.35l sr20 is done, now, who wants to buy me a stroker kit :smiley:

go to a 2.5L

B&R did mine

that would be one hell of a bore to make it 2.5l, hell to get 2.35 i’m looking at a 90mm bore, I dont think I can go any more than that.

B&R is og… i guess they’ve done enough imports now to know whats up.

I’ve taken dozens of motors to pittsburgh crank… bob is the man :cool:

station auto parts on cory does all of mine and vinces sport compact motors down to assembling the bottem end…
bored/honed/cleaned/polished/assembled for all under 500
and i have over 300 passes @9300rpm most better then 11.40 and she stil runs

and its right down the street

Hopefully this time next year, there will be a primered 240 with some meats on the back up at raceway park. If anybody wants to lend a hand pulling the motor some time let me know :D, none of my close friends know the slightest thing about cars…haha

Assemble yourself FTW

Im with FMFKID station auto, or NAPA auto a guy I work with his motors down there right now being worked on

it’ll be my first full on assembly, i’ve rebuilt heads before, but never tore down a block and redid it all, but hey, what the hell gotta learn sometime

those are the easiest motors to pull should be able to rip it out in about 1-2 hours including wiring and trans