F1 tuning claims 30% hp increase, 40% tq increase, you believe it?

As you stated above, you picked up your car, the clutch was slipping.
That means that your clutch couldn’t handle the power that the tune produced. Than you go and have the car re-dynoed with a slipping clutch
What the hell are you thinking :banghead. It’s simple, put your car back to stock, and quit while your ahead, Bottom line, it seems that the tune produced too much power and that’s the issue. A 2nd dyno shouldn’t of even been attempted with a burning clutch. As far as your clutch goes , if it is new as you stated, you didn’t break it in properly, or you spun the heck out of it and glazed the clutch and flywheel, either way, I’m surprised the 2nd Dyno showed any gain with the clutch slipping, also I looked at F1Tuning’s website and the 30% gain is on turbo cars, not normally aspirated.

If he indeed had a new clutch and flywheel installed then there is no break in period required for a clutch

ZING!!!

my last new clutch had ~400whp going through it doign rolling burnouts within the first mile of use

proceeded to hold slick launches and 2nd gear limiter burnouts.

to Bimmer323 : HP doesnt slip clutches, torque does

The point I’m making is it’s not an issue of the tune not producing any power but the opposite the clutch couldn’t handle the power

So than you saying that his clutch is no good, either way ,you don’t dyno a car with a slipping clutch. The car owner himself said that the clutch was slipping

So you are saying the clutch is slipping on the dyno even though it made 25ftlbs more of torque. Your statement is full of fail

If the owner said the clutch was slipping on the street ,yes it for sure will slip on a Dyno, like I stated before ,I’m surprised it made any gain at all (even for a brief moment)

Rob, Im pretty sure no where in this entire thread did you hear me talk negatively towards you even AFTER the 2nd dyno with the shitty numbers. When I first got the car back with the “tune” completed it felt wierd, I didnt say for certain my clutch was slipping, I said it felt that way and OTHERS suggested it to be the clutch. Morgan at Synapse test drove my car BEFORE the dyno so I didnt waste my money dynoing a car with a slipping clutch and he said it was not slipping at all which is why we proceeded with the dyno… I never expected a 30% increase in anything just like I told you in person however a 2hp increase is a joke… Yes, there was a slight torque increase but when I pay for a pepperoni pizza and you deliver me plain cheese I want you to make it right… You said Torque AND horsepower… Now, all of this being said, I still have nothing negative to say, after all you didnt do anything lol… You shipped out the ECU to someone ELSE and THEY got the code. If you dont want to refund me thats perfectly fine, I spend over $600 a week in gasoline its not a big deal, but dont expect me to encourage people to get your tunes and shop for cars at your location is all… I feel I am entitled to post my experience at your dealership good or bad, whether you want to show good customer service is up to you…

I just read what you wrote again just to make sure I didnt forget to reply to anything and I LOL’d out loud at the part about plastering stuff up on here… Wernt you the 1 who did EXACTLY what I did with a BMW 335? I believe the only difference is that if your dyno results werent good you wouldnt have posted the results lol… I on the otherhand DONT work for autohaus or f1 and DID.

Can we can an IP check on this guy? I have a feeling I know exactly who it is.

Whoa whoa whoa, where was the manager of autohaus on page 1? You just decide to post after everybody’s doubts were confirmed, seemingly as damage control?

I don’t mean to speak negatively, but that’s kind of odd.

and LOL @ the notion that the astronomical gains from this off the shelf italian chip tuner reflash tune was responsible for making the clutch slip.

The IP is a unique one, not associated with any other usernames on the forum. I think that’s as much as I can tell you.

hmm…alright then… Were you thinking what i was thinking? lol

not a clue lol

I dont know if u can get a third more power from an n/a motor with just software like that. im guessing they meant that as “UP TO 30% with a forced induction motor after upgrades AND the new software.” that seems more realistic. i see lots of posts on the forums im on, where people ask about software on their n/a motors. they post them after reading a statement unlike F1’s. things like “get up to 25% more power” get quite often misread by people as " GAIN 25% MOAR WHP! DUDER! RIGHT FUCKEN NAO!", but in reality theyre talking about “up to”, which means anything below 25 and above 0, even if its 3 its still in that range and they arent falsely advertising. its like with anything. up to doesnt mean its a steady number you get. its a number they got as the highest rating during testing in optimal conditions, not real world conditions. plus, think about what the software developers think about as well. they can give u software that will run more power than that, but your car’s gonna just break down in 2 weeks if you push components past their rating for long enough. cars are engineered with tolerances, you push that too close and things break. ive seen speakers pushed to 10 times what theyre rated for and they sounded good, but in the long term, they simply rip themselves apart. so they kinda have to make it somewhat conservative, so that people dont go bashing them cuz their program exploded your car’s motor.

Wait, so you’re saying his clutch can’t handle this magic chip? :rofl

ROFL OUTLOUD

Holy shit batman.

25 ft/lbs is a healthy gain in the TQ department, 2hp is def unimpressive but like Vot said they covered their ass by wording it how they did.

Ummmm! I don’t think the gain mentioned on our website is supposed to be taken as all cars na or fi will get these gains!

10 to 15% on na car is pretty close to what you will see on a healthy na engine.

You did say something like you thought you were burning tire but the car ws not moving. That sounds like a slipping clutch! Most clutches requre you to “break in” a clutch. I use south bend in tdi that says specifically to do so. If you glazed it, they say you can de-glaze some how.

I am the one who found this site today looking for something else and alterted all who were involved. Not so much that you were bashing, cause this is normal forum behavior. But that you weren’t happy!

We are very small and try like hell to point out the wrong things being done by anybody…But we really work hard to give exactly what you pay for and more. If soomething is wrong you can call us directly and we will do any and all things possible to make it right. We have nothing to hide and we are not marketing geniuses. We are car nerds to put it bluntly!

I have one recomendation though…If you spend 600bux a week in gas. Buy a tdi for gods sake! I don’t know what you do, you may be a truck driver or something. But daaaaaaaamn! I would look for something from 98 to 2003. 2004 and up are, well, delicate. They need proper oil and alot don’t use it or don’t change it.

The Autohaus guy’s I don’t know them but from what Tonino says about them they are supper guys with a sterling reputation! So please don’t try to hurt their reputation and their buisness in the process.

We may have made a mistake and will damn sure make it right!

Thank for listening!:thumbup
Pete

I dont have a care to read this, but i find it funny how 3 or maybe 2 people made shift accounts just to talk about this, and will probably never use them again, use a telephone! :facepalm

Edit: 2hp increase does suck man!

was/is not my clutch was/is not my clutch was/is not my clutch

lol DAMN, I shouldnt have even opened my mouth lol, 2 seconds after I got the car back after the tune I tested it out and thats what it felt like, still grabbed perfectly just felt like it was slipping. As I said earlier Moragn at synapse drove the car to assure the clutch was not slipping becuase it would be a waiste to dyno and said it was NOT which is we we did the dyno pull…