Redline Motorsports? good or bad

Hello
I recently moved to Upstate New York from Boston. I am looking for someone to tune my corvette for track events. I have seen some advertisements for redline motor sports. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they are a good shop. I ran into a guy at a car show last weekend, he told me to stay away from them. Can anyone give a new guy in town some suggestions.
Thanks.

Owner’s a fucking asshole who does not give a shit about anyone but himself. Stay away.

Stay away.

Ohhh boy. Here we go.

The general consensus on our forum due to many personal and word of mouth experiences is for you to stay away from him.

With that said however, he still runs a business and I’m sure has a number of satisfied clients.

Travis
I was afraid of that. I have read some articles about the work they did with a dealer called DeNooyer? I ran into a few people at a car show last weekend that said the person handling it at the dealership walked away from the deal because of the owner of redline. I am not sure who the guy was that ran the dealer end of it, but they said he was a nice guy and had a good reputation. A group at the show said if he walked away something must not be good. One of the guys at the show had talked to the guy, I was told he was trying to be professional and would not get into details about what happened but he said he had resigned.

Yea that guy posted on here quite a bit trying to rebuild the reputation. Apparently after getting to know Howard he bailed quick because that wasnt too long ago. My only experience with Howard is through a friend that had his Trans Am tuned by redline and he simply was not happy with the tune. Otherwise no personal experience besides what some of his clowns have said on these forums.

If you’d like to kill some time

Read a few back pages of this thread

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=16596&highlight=howard

Howard tuned a Zr1 of a member.

Posts made by DenNooyer rep on our site
http://shift518.com/search.php?searchid=1697335

And in general type “howard” or “redline” to see some of the stories that went around here.

Actually guys, correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Howard sign up on our site and talk down and or make fun of members through Pm’s?

Dread
Does anyone know how to get in touch with the guy that handled it at Denooyer? The people that I talked with said he had major connections and always treated people well. Did he go out on his own? I was told that he started a division at the Chevrolet dealership hired redline to build the cars and it really took off. At the show they said he was the guy that got redline exposure on the national scene. From what I was told he finally had enough of dealing with redline. Sounds to me like he had a great idea but a bad person building the cars. If anyone knows how to get in touch with the guy let me know. I do not remember his name but they said he raced cars. I would like to talk with him. Maybe he can help set up my car for the track. Really appreciate the input guys.

Well, what are you looking to get done?

He has talked a lot in this thread, tried to find any thread he started specifically about himself to no avail.

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=18921

Looking to get my suspension set up for track days and autocross events. The people I spoke with said the guy that ran the DeNooyer thing was the guy that I should talk with about suspension set up. They said he raced a stock Z06 with stock tires last year at an autocross at the race track in malta. He beat everyone with fully prepared corvettes with slicks. They said he won both modified classes.One of the guys at the show said he raced against him. He said the guy actually came over and gave him some ideas on tire pressure settings and lines and he said it made a huge difference. He said the guy was super nice and he was impressed that he took the time to offer help.

Sounds to me by this post that the guy is pretty respectful at least.

The guy (Dan) was indeed super nice which is likely why he could not go on dealing with Redline.

Ill pm you his sign up email.

Vovchandr
Thanks for the PM. I just moved into the area and found this site yesterday. I really appreciate the help. Thanks again.

No problem.

How did you find the site? Just curious.

Welcome to the area and try to enjoy it. Many love it and wouldn’t have it any other way, many others hate it and can’t wait to get the hell out.

Just about anything auto related can be found and answered on the site regarding the area or general car talk. Ignore button seems to be popular around this neck of the woods as well.

trackvette… you’re a pussy and boston sucks

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/3492searchfirst.gif

I called the dealership looking for information about the performance division first after reading about them in a few magazines. I did not get anyone that had a clue. They said the guy that ran the department had recently resigned.They apologized.Since he left they admitted they are a little disorganized. They were not sure if they were going to continue the partnership with redline. Said it was in limbo currently. I then searched on google for redline and a post came up from shift518. I joined this morning and thought I would try to do a little research. simple as that.

LKSi

Boston does suck. That is why I moved to NY. lol