lovers and haters of Redline/Howard post here

so im having a dilema on whether or not to have some work done there. its close and i have herd some great things about them. but…i have also herd som bad things about them but never actually any storys.

please let me know what u think about them. post actual horror stories if u have them. thanks.

theres a few places that are somewhat close, katech is in long island, east side performance is in connecticuit, new era performance out west in new york, granted none of these are as close as redline but dont think that you dont have options for your lsx

Like deadbeat I’ve heard good things about howard…

but ive also heard bad things, but no one ever seems to be able to back it up with a legit story, its alawys “his cars blow up” whatever… no one seems to have an acctual reason as to why they dont like him

i have heard that his tunes arent going to blow up a car, maybe in some cases, but he tunes on the very safe side so your not going to net much off the tune, if your doing something else that you dont need a tune then do it, but if you want a solid tune i would go somewhere else, i suggest katech in LI, the guys a local, came from union. Ive always heard good things about them. WHen im done with my cam swap ill be going down there for a tune.

E Muscles,

I dunno, i’m really particular where my car goes. Christ, it was in NJ for 3 months. Car came back mint, sans a couple hairline scratches on the fender, which I will buff out.

Howard dyno’d my Lightning, and I know that isn’t much, he seemed to take decent care of it. I dont understand where all the hate stems from, but people are unhappy with him. Problem is, I dont know WHY.

Travis could probably do the work, but he has time issues I think.

A solid tune IS a SAFE tune IMO. I guess im not understanding your wording.

i went to ECS the first time and i would go back to them hands down for any real tuning. but im getting a clutch installed and some headers and long tubes done so this isnt rocket science. this is y i was considering them.

as far as lsx tuning goes

ECS and Vette drs hands down. when i get my cam, i will be going back to ECS.

but this is y i thought redline might be good. its a clutch and header install. no real tuning, nothing out of the ordinary and its close.

right now i am leaning towards Vette drs because its right by my gf on LI. but the drive down there this weekend was not so good. i didnt want my vette hurt from driving down there. the roads were fucked in certain spots.

So borrow someones trailer and truck and tow it down.

Didn’t richie have his header installed at Redline? It seemed to be fine.

um i think barrowing someone truck and trailor is easier said than done.

and im not sure. his fat ass hasnt been around in a long time.

deadbeatrec I sent you a PM

pig rich is a solid tune? I know a camaro that was dyno tuned there, pig rich, has a hard time idling. Its safe but would you call that a good tune? I think not, theres a difference between being on the safe side and cars running rich. No wi know its not everyone that goes through there gets the same tune but I have heard from customers and one of my friends that actually owns a car that had a cam installed and tuned by howard that he is not the greatest tuner. But since hes getting it tuned anyways why not go there, if the price is reasonable.

And richies car also has a cobjob exhaust along with the headers, done by howard

I had my car tuned by Howard, The car runs great. If and when I do more mods I will go back to have him re-tune it. so no complaints here

I know howard personally, have talked with him a decent ammount, and hes a great guy to talk to. I have heard more than 1 horror story coming from the shop, but without it happening to me, i dont have 100% of the facts, so i cant give you a reasonable explantation for them. Ive seen more than a few nice cars come out, and also some turds. Its part of the buisness, if someone cheaps out on shit/beats the fuck outta their cars non stop, it will blow eventually.

Personally if you want to stay close/keep cost down, try Howard out. If not, hit up Vette Doctors, they know their shit!

i have delt with ECS, i know they do stupid builds! Vette drs and LG motorsports are about the same caliber but LG is in TX and drs is in dreaded Long island. this was the whole reason for seeing if people liked or disliked Howard and the work they do at Redline. i think i will skip going there. not only am i hearing not so great stuff but they quoted me higher than anyone else.

They are pretty pricey, mainly b/c it is not so much a “buisness” for Howard as much as it is a fun side hobby.

then it should be the opposite.

Fun side hobby doesnt mean doing people favors. :smiley:

One would think so. But he originally opened that shop for him, and his buddies to work on their shit. Now he has people all over wanting him to work on their cars. Its his “side” buisness

i cant wait to burnout past it this summer