Facebook error with the IM feature

Does anyone know why the IM feature on Facebook wouldn’t work on someone’s computer?
Basically what happens is I can see the list of who is online but if I go to send something to them it takes forever to send it and when it finally does it shows that my entire list if offline (even though they were online right before I sent it).
People can also send something to me and I can see what they sent, but when I send something back the same thing happens where it takes forever to send it and then shows everyone off line.

Anyone experience this before? Seems like a certain plug-in or cookie or something isn’t activated… but what the hell do I know… haha

This is a very common problem w/ facebook and can happen randomly.

Shut down your explorer. Clear cookies, temp files, history, etc. Restart explorer, try again.

It does it literally every time I’ve gone on the website on my work computer… never has done it on my home computer.
Should I still try what you suggested and see if it works?
Definitely isn’t a random thing… seems like maybe something is blocking it completely on my work comp.

I am guessing at work they have a gateway/router/firewall in that order, setup. If this is the case, the firewall can cause this to happen.

Facebook is buggy as hell in general.

This kind of shit happens to me all the motha fuckin time. I dont know if theres anyway to fix it

I use to have that issue my old job… they had it set up to somehow block that function on facebook…

Fuck facebook IM.

Use AIM foo!

it’s going to happen alot. Facebook’s IM system blows.