Anyone who uses facebook

Have you been getting those

“You’ve been tagged in a pic”
“_____ has posted something on your wall”
etc

And you click to see what it is, and theres nothing there OR the page doesn’t load?

If so you have a Internal spybot being hosted on your profile info. Will also slow down your experience with facebook, IE loading pages, false messages etc.

~Go to “Settings”
~Select “application settings”
~Change the dropdown box to “added to profile”.
~If you see one in there called “un named app” click the X to delete it

Did this yesterday and since then, havent gotten those annoying messages some pages load faster/post comments faster etc.

UPDATE 1/29/2010

Goto
~Go to “Settings
~Select “application settings
~Change the dropdown box to “authorized”.
~If you see one in there called “tagged photos” click the X to delete it

And NO, it will NOT delete your pics that you are tagged in.
My suggestion is to go through all the apps and delete the ones you dont use alot or at all.

Great info. Thanks man! Would give rep but can’t currently.

nice

+rep

I was getting emails from facebook long before I even had it. Those emails tend to go into the junk mail folder.

Also go into the “authorized” pull down, everytime u take a quiz or whatnot it saves it as a application, delete em and its faster too :wink:

Anyone else accessing FB via iPhone having trouble loading pages? I can’t even get to the settings page on my iPhone, it won’t load

Great info!

Had one last night, I cleaned some apps out but will have to double check for an unnamed app. Thanks for the tip!

did it yesterday and seems to be working so far, good deal

+repped for a great tip

The only issue I seem to be having is that the chat thing fucks up and I have to close it and start it again to post something on it.

I had that same issue, and it was fixed when I deleted some apps

It’s a known bug if you use firefox. It will slow down and sometimes lock firefox up.

My advice is Google chrome. It dosn’t run like all the other browsers. its a simple and clean design that speeds up performance

Yeah, Im using FF. I cant even access Facebook using IE. I really dont want to download another browser.

If its a known issue why dont they fix it?

i have no clue. I DL google chrome and havent looked back since.

+▲ Chrome

update :slight_smile:

Be carefull of those emails! I just repaired a computer that was severly infected by a virus that came from an email titled “(name) has sent you a message on Facebook.” The person clicked on the link and their computer was instantly infected. Basic windows functions were toast, she couldn’t even click on start and shutdown the comp. Even if its a name you recognize, which in her case it was, just go straight to facebook to see it, and don’t even bother opening the email. Just a heads up

-1 on chrome