Failed Emissions

Sounds good man. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks :R

Yeah but the conditional pass is almost $500.

Please more info. Won’t insurance companies be notified of this and increase my rates?
Mr. Chocolate, you’re a licensed tester. You have more info on this? I’m calling you tomorrow to get details man.

from what i remember, insurance companies will not and don’t need to know about the engine, or emission results.

but yeh, ask the licensed tester

insurance wont know about the emissions results in any way…they are not in the loop on any of the testing.

but major performance enhancements will void your insurance if they are not informed…
if you did an engine swap with an incredibly similar engine… call them and say “I got my motor replaced”.

if you add turbo and dont tell them… you may be in the biggest of poop from them.
AND be dropped AND be told your insurance wasn’t valid when the accident happened.
AND be put on the books for insurance fraud.

but if you call them and say you now have the equivelent of “_______” car.
and your insurance should reflect that .,…i bet your insurance won’t change too much.

I went from a 5.2 litre V8 to a Hi PO 6.0 L and my insurance didn’t even change! ( i was 19…car was 24 yrs old)…yes a 5.9 bored out to 6 litres

thats insurance covered…

as for the test what about your new numbers?..did you try going to crappy tire for one “off the books”
just tell them to run the test without “logging it” or blow the test parameters on purpose…it needs to sit in the “accepted rpm and speed ranges” to be an accepted test…

run at the 2600rpm and 855 rpm test speeds and see how much worse they are…
you may be suprised to see that it is so different that the bottle o $7 stuff just may work…

…those test rpms seem waaay low to me…
1krpm should be good for idle and 3000+ should be good for the running speed…strange?!?
^^
this would change things a fair bit…can you programm on the fly yet?
CAR-PC yet? shut off an injector?!? after starting her up? extra cat? etc etc

Alright guys, good news.
So I got the car to pass. The car has a bad boost leak, I don’t think the EGR controller is connected properly but I put back the stock ECU, cleaned and re-gapped the sparkplugs, set the timing back to 15degrees BTDC, changed the oil, cleaned the air filter and it actually passed.
Thanks for all the help guys :wink:

ahh nice bro, good work.

I actually though you got your car passed about last week, should have pm me i talked to my dad, and he knew some garages down town that could have done it you know…, for the same 35, 45 bucks.

but its good you got to know where your car was doing what.

Thanks for finding me spots man. Sorry I didn’t get back to you. I’ve had so many things going on these past few days. I’m trying to make a program for a potentially new job, I’m trying to find and fix the boost leaks and all problems with my car, I work full time and spend a lot of time after work studying for upcoming court cases, I’m trying to squeeze in time to help Alex with his engine rebuild and I have a girlfriend nuff said
But yeah, we’ll talk for sure. I’m in B-Town most of Saturday

Hey, bro, no prob i understand, i knew you must have been busy and stuff, i actually shoud have found something sooner for you but at this age things are too crazy.lol, life’s crazy for you though,hand full…but no worries its all good…see you soon.

take care.