Family Sues Mint Over Rare, Valuable Coins

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/family-sues-mint-over-rare-valuable/20061206103009990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

I call bullshit on the mint. They should pay the people the value of the coins or return them.

well they we’re kind of stolen in the first place

80+ million in coins, and they hand them over to the poeople they were stolen from… and bitch that they cant get them back …

FUCKING PW3ND BITCH!

EDIT: they have 10, 9 more were sold by the same guy in the past … yea … stolen property for sure

if they were never suppose to be released, then they were stolen, and thus never the property of that family in the first place.

why does it matter so much

yep, statute of limitations only applies to prosecution … not to ownership, so while noone can be arrested / tried for having them, that still doesnt mean they belong to these people

True they may have been stolen in the first place…but I dunno…still just seems wrong to just take something from somebody like that. Though the were stolen so they don’t have any right to ownership. Hmm this is a pickle. I say buy em a double cheese burger. If they were smart they would have teken them to an overseas private collector, sold them, and put the money in an offshore bank account and kept their mouth’s shut.

How is it any different then the guy just taking the coins from the mint in the first place?

Think of it this way. Your dad steals a corvette and give it to you. The real owner comes and takes it from you. You are saying it wasnt right for the owner to do that?

i guess since its the government its ok to steal…

Oh I’m not saying that. It is stolen property. Not quite the same situation, they themselves did not steal them nor did someone who did steal them give them the coins, they got them from a dead relative. i’m not saying the mint is in the wrong for taking them, I misread the artical origionaly hence my bs comment…Also, we are not talking about a car, we are talking about coins that are priceless in value due to their rareness.

hahaha, that sucks… probably found them and thought they were set for life, then this :lol:

I’d be tying my own noose right now if I were them