Fan Boi's Unite

The 240sx is coming back!!!

:puke:
http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/d/124504-3/07-nissan-foria.jpg

Recently we’ve heard several rumors about Nissan resurrecting its 240SX model, with each report becoming more credible. The latest comes from the folks at InsideLine, who say Nissan is in fact planning to bring back the 240 (known as the Silvia in Japan), which will be aimed at the younger and less affluent side of the market, but those who still want a proper rear-drive sports car.
The new model would aim to compete with everything from the Hyundai Genesis Coupe to Toyota’s upcoming FT-86 rear-drive sports car. We’ve also reported recently that both Volkswagen and Kia are planning vehicles for this segment of the market.
Based on a shorter version of Nissan’s FR-L platform that is used for both the 370Z and Infiniti G, this sporty coupe would be rear drive, with four seats and use a turbocharged 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine. Power should be rated at roughly 200-hp. A non-turbocharged option will also be part of the plan, as a high-volume model. Weight is expected to be in the 2,800 lb range, giving the car a 0-60 mph time of six or seven seconds.
The design of the car is to be “loosely” based on the Foria Concept car (above). We certainly hope it is loose, as the Foria doesn’t hold a candle to the FT-86 in the style department – which is usually one area where Nissan excels.
If the project does get the go-ahead (which we sincerely hope it does), look for a new 240 (we hope they call it the Silvia) in 2011 or 2012.

ewwwww!!!

ugly as hell!

for using the words : Fan Boi you should be kicked in the vagina

I’ll rip your nipples off with a staple remover

reminds me of a Buick Reatta. (SP?)

Ugly

Well, it is ugly as fuck, but a good idea!

Nice car, The grill is dull

Looks like a cotton candy colored turd.

that looks goofy as hell

looks like something Pat would chop up for next drag car

Ugly as sin, looks like a squashed Versa. I don’t think there is a chance in hell it’ll be 2800lbs either, more like 3500 when released. Meh.

I’de love them to bring the 240 back but that is hideous. Like stated above you know its gonna end up weighing at least 3300lbs instead of the 2800lb target.

Ill just take an FT-86 plz

messed up version of an Audi TT

some things should just be left dead and not bought back to life. This remake blows

Did anyone read the article yet? That is a concept car that the car is planned to be based on. That is not the fit or finish of the new 240.

Hey, Im just happy that the Jap market is returning to RWD sporty cars.

Even the Genesis is pretty damn sweet. ( gets on flame suit)

Be happy that they are at least listening to the market and giving us turbo-charged RWD small cars.

that is not how the car is gonna look, it’s just loosely based on that. Im sure it will look better, at least i hope so.

i like the ass shot but the rest of it is poop