Bad News – No Nissan 240sx, aka S16

Hopefully this isn’t true :frowning:

good that car was ugly as all fuck

holy shit that thing is ugly. gotta do it up big for the 240, and that does it no justice

Good decision. Looks like the Saturn Sky and Nissan Sentra’s ugly kid.

I had to look at it for a second cos it looked like a cross between an SUV and my grandmothers car.

Really I looked at cars to buy for the future if this job of mine picks up. The 240 is still the best option as far as Nissan’s. for example.

I looked at a few new cars thinking about affordability, usability and just plain old fun.

For example 370z costs around 33,000 for the base model if you want it fully loaded its closer to 48,000. It has 2 seats so it fits my gf and I and that’s it. No truck space so forget using it as a DD to drive a kid to school or pick up groceries in. Fuck i don’t think you can fit a case of 24 and one friend in the car.

The Hyundai Genius coup has 4 seats lots of truck space (for a coup) starts at around 24, 000 and so long as you don’t add all the fancy extras stops at around 38,000. And this car is still over 300HP.

Of course for me a few extra HP for that price. I can put that money i save into a chip and bigger Turbo and there.

To be honest I am leaning towards the Genesis sure I would love a 370 what i really want is a new 240 to see Nissan come out with a Genesis killer. Something that is on par with the price, HP, and can still be used as a DD or a weekend at the track.

Yea thank god if that was the 240sx they were deciding on releasing im glad they abandoned the thought…

Thank God.
Why must they continue to make ugly “round” looking cars.

Nothing’s aggressive anymore, fuck.

word… fuck that ! looks like shit

ok chill, this is a really old concept, i think made in like 2005… Im pretty sure if they were to create another 240 they wouldnt base it off a 5 year old concept car.

Draw us a good one.

Good News.

Well, that picture isn’t even the S16 concept… but okay. Also… old news, we all shoulda knew years ago that they scrapped the new Silvia idea.

Nissan’s been coming out with some wack cars lately, I hope they change direction soon. The only two cars I’d consider buying from Nissan right now are the 370z and the GTR… for regular commuter cars, Nissan doesn’t even come to mind for me (not including Infiniti line). It’s a good thing theyre not re releasing the 240, because that thing is ugly as fuck too.

There would be no market for a new 240sx. Nissan is making cars that will appeal to the masses. Not just to people who want rwd, coupe sports car. They already have that (370z).

I think if they would stop producing stupid cars like the cube and the juke, they would be better off lol

It may have been the food poisoning but that car makes me vomit.

lol i would buy a juke if it lost 400lbs and got a facelift oh and changed its name

i said something similar to a girl once i wonder if the nissan exec who lives down my street would have the same reaction

Lol. Might as well completely redesign it then.

they just don’t make sports cars like they used to

no market??

the Genesis Coupe is pretty much alone in the smaller RWD sports coupe market right now, and how many of those do you see driving around now? there’s not really anything to compare it to, at least in 2.0T form. yes when you option it with the 3.8, it gets close to Z territory, but the 370Z is bigger, more powerful, and more expensive, so i would register it in a different class altogether. the Genesis is basically doing now what the 180SX was doing back then, so i don’t see why someone else shouldn’t enter the ring to give it some decent competition. i doubt Nissan producing a car of that size with a turbo 4-cylinder would really hurt the 370Z’s sales too much.

with that said, yes that concept is ugly as fuck, but whoever said it earlier was correct: that’s an old concept.

who knows, it might be back to a production date…

either way, S15 would be many people’s next “new” model to look forward to! :wink: lol