Exciting News!

5th Gear: Nissan May Revive 240SX?
Nissan’s design boss Shiro Nakamura revealed to Aussie car mag Drive that the brand may look to downsize its sports models, which could include a revival of the Silvia that was sold there as the 200SX and here, stateside, basically, as the 240SX. “I much prefer smaller sports car,” says Nakamura. “It is the time to look at that [smaller engines]. With 370Z, we still don’t know next generation will have a larger or smaller engine.” Nakamura says reducing the weight of the next generation Nissan sports cars is a priority. How cool would a Nissan 200SX be?

Source:

Would be cool and a good sales idea. But I don’t know how good it will be for the value of our cars if it does happen.

Makes sense for them to offer up something to compete with the FT86/FRS/BRZ/Whatever the hell you want to call it.

That would be awesome!

it wont affect the value of our cars

yaa I don’t see it doing any damage to the value of our cars. If anything, the unveiling of the new sports coupe might bring the spotlight to our old cars and that in-turn might have some positive results

if youre worried about your 2000 dollar shitbox not holding its value, modding cars isnt for you

^ lol bang on

yah but im not surprised… like whoever up there said… (to lazy to scroll)

competition with the GT86, BRZ, Genesis 2.0T… and who know what other companies are thinking of…
i like it. and i really hope its a FR chassis max 2.2L… min 2.0L… turbo… coupe that looks as good as its earlier models… itll be hard to beat the s15s looks…

Lol I agree. If anyone is stupid enough to care about the value of their 2000 dollar rotbox, they have other things to worry about.

Trust me, my car is far from that.

pics or it didnt happen

If they build an other hatch style car like the s13 I will shit my self. then it will be a hard choice between my next car a BRZ or a 240sx.

People want something for nothing and because most of us have nothing a cheep sports car is a way to entertain the masses.

To be honest it will look so different from are older cars that its like comparing the s13 to the s15 the S15 never dropped the value of an s13.

Wonder if they will keep with tradition and build another car that rusts as well as the old 240.

lol… don’t forget the useless back seats.

theres tons of room to fuck in a hatch

^ With a midget.

are you a midget? lol

I can somewhat comfortably fit 3 grown adults including my self in my kouki.

I can fit 4 but that means I have to pull my seat forward and me being 6’2". its almost impossible to drive like that.

I’m not surprised. With the launch of the FR-S/FT86 I can see them being pressured into realeasing something to compete with it. I think it’s awesome, and I hope it does happen.

if it does happen, i doubt it will look good. in 2012, “compact” and “new” = veloster or cr-z. you can’t bring back the 90’s.

truth

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

and no it will not have any positive or negative effects on the value of our cars.

true… sigh…

hey i think for what it is… the CRZ is a beauty!
not the veloster though…