Farewell license......

Sold the Vmax last week.

Decided I wanted a Supermoto, signed back into supermotojunkie (a forum that I apparently signed up for in 2007, hadnt logged into the site in probably 5 years, lol) and they had a bike that caught my attention down in Lauderdale.

Loaded up the truck and went to check it out.

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1458686_10101424462128428_376718706_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1470414_10101424461075538_1751682829_n.jpg

Specs: 2006 DRZ400SM with Yoshimura built big bore 450 (700 miles on motor, 1700 miles on bike), full titanium yosh pipe, excel wheels, and a bunch of other stuff.

Dyno sheets to show 48.x whp, 32.x wtq.

The number plates have to go. New tires were ordered last night (D208’s have to be 7 years old, yuck)

Hello tickets.

On a happy note, maybe i’ll run some track days again.

On a sad note, I now will likely have a Ducati s4r for sale.

ive never ridden one of these things but they look so fun

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP

wish I would I have bought a sumo a while ago. 01 520 exc. Got out twice this summer to cherry valley

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25111[/ATTACH]

God dammit.

I’ve been thinking about getting back on two wheels and DRZs have been at the top of my list.

In all seriousness, im just super excited to ride wherever I want.

“i bet i can get air off of that curb”

“that hill way over there, off the road looks like it would be fun to ride up”

In all seriousness, I doubt i’ll do many wheelies. The ticket for a wheelie down here is 1200 dollars. (not worth it) I’m sure the trespassing tickets will be bad enough.

• Updated - - -

Walker, next time you’re in south florida, you’re welcome to use it for transportation locally

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Everyone called me a fggt when I had mine, and told me to get a liter bike to be cool, lolz. Now I’m rocking full hard bags and adventure ready on my VStrom.

^did you save any thing from it? I think I’m going to put a cargo rack on it and a bag to carry shit and be done with it. (maybe an HID headlight) stock one sucks.

What mods did you do to yours that were worthwhile

define “everyone”

This is what I took my road test on, they are awesome and wheelie machines.

I miss mine so much and the local track. If bimp opened again I’d be at the dealer buying a new bike that day

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I wanted your 450 damnit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I’d get a Highway Dirtbikes hand guard set up and a steering damper:

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/3466/luyu.jpg

It’s upwards of a grand total for everything but worth it imo. I’ve dumped the bike a handful of times, 3 on pavement, and haven’t hurt the bars or levers yet. Plus their built in mirrors don’t vibrate and can adjust to have no blind spot. Can get the guard covers with integrated LED’s too

I also have an addiction to safety wire now. Every bolt I take off get’s safety wire drilled before it goes back on.

Ugh I want one bad! Sweet bike though. :tup:

Pop a whoolie!

looks like it’s already got a edge tail light. I did the Zeta handgaurd thing, the HDB stuff is nice, but I cheaped out on the DRZ with the integrated turn signals and mirrors from Zeta. Unabiker rad guards kept them from getting crushed multiple times. Get some sliders if you’re man enough. I pitched mine down the street a few times. Have the suspension done, check out Thumpertalk’s DRZ forum for the authority from Eddie/Burned. 48hp is peanuts, get an FCR39 carb, MRD exhaust and send Eddie your head after the big bore kit and do mid 50’s like a bauce.

Made a rack for mine… I did get recessed hardware, should still be on Jack’s bike the best of my knowledge.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3aIgm9PqXgI/TeeDeWgLa0I/AAAAAAAABII/unMmHYISEuw/w789-h592-no/2011-06-01+17.32.42.jpg

I have rode one of these (spam’s old one) They are SO FUN

Awesome purchase. Can’t take away your license if they can’t catch you!

Fggt

Tup. I think I may have that carb already :slight_smile:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Got pulled over 13x one season, 7 of those waiting at a light to check if I was legal… Now they’re everywhere.