Fatmat vs edead vs B-quiet

Looking to make my car a bit more quiet. Which of these is best? Dynamat is kind of out of the picture here. Its far too expensive for what you get. 1 layer? 2 layers?

Any feedback from experience or hearsay is more than welcome.

I have used Dynamat and FatMat.

The only difference I saw was that the Dynamat had their name stamped on the foil backing. They both cut the same, laid the same, and stuck the same. Once you get it down you can pull it off but it takes a little bit of force.

When I laid it down I put 2 layers on the inside of the trunk and spare tire well and only 1 layer on the rear deck. Depending on the car you may want to add 1 layer to the doors and the floor (A good test is to actually turn your system on, close all doors/trunk/windows, stand outside and listen for rattling and place your hand on the outside of the car to check it for vibration.).

For the money, I think FatMat is the better choice. I got a pretty good deal on Ebay quite a few years back. My car still does not rattle.

:tup: to FatMat. Cheap and effective. No sense spending so much more on Dynamat. I only did 1 Layer and was happy with the results.

Can’t say much about the other two, though.

I used the different “mats” and they were ok. I got my best results from a combination of 3M ruberized undercoating, and foam weatherstripping. The undercoating stopped the resonation of the metal panels, the foam stopped the plastic panels from rubbing and making noise.

My firebird, even with it’s rock hard suspension, and 2 12" solobarics had NO rattles, hums, resonating panels, etc… except what was caused by true-duals dumping under the car before the rear axle… but that’s another story.

Everyone on DIYMA appears to like Damplifier Pro, but I never used any of these products…

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/vibration-mat/damplifier-pro.php

I have FatMat in my 69. Easy to install. Works pretty good. It is thinner than Dynamat, but you can easily double layer.

They don’t publicize it but it is available as a bulk order of 100 sq ft for $129. I only needed 50sq ft for my Camaro floors, doors, rear panels and part of the trunk.

http://www.fatmat.com/bulk/fatmat/100.html

Fatmat seems to be the popular choice across the internet too due to its pricing and being nearly identical to the dynamat. Is it worth it to cover the ceiling? And holy ship that Damplifier Pro is way to expensive. Id rather not spend more than $200 or so on all of this.

Your sunroof is more of an issue than putting mat on your ceiling. Your sunroof will vibrate with the bass. There really is nothing you can do to prevent this.

I turn my music down slightly when I have to have the windows closed and the sunroof closed on a crappy day.

In all honesty, I dont have woofers and all that bs. I actually can’t stand sound systems like that. I have simple taste (upgraded headunit and door speakers) as that has more than enough bass for me.

Im more or less looking for decreased road/tire noise and improved insulation for winter. I love being in vehicles when you are cruising on the highway and you can barely hear the thing run. A common complaint with the rsx over other higher end acuras is the amount of cabin noise. I dont mind if I add 60lbs to the car with fatmats. Ive got enough power mods to make up for it lol.

With that said, is it still prob not worth it to cover the ceiling?

Ah, I would say no.

Ceiling isn’t worth it in your situation; and I while I think a dynamat material will help with the noise some; an additional layer of jute (sp) padding under the carpet will/can help even more with noise/insulation; as mat won’t help with insulation.