Sound Proofing S13 Hatch

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has pictures of an S13 with sound deadening installed or being installed? I found some pictures of an S14 with brown bread, but no S13. I really believe the S13 will benefit from some superior sound deadening, since its quite loud, and many things rattle at this age.

I’m planning on going RAAMmat, I’ve done some research, and it seems to be the best bang for the buck.

The problem is that I’ll probably have to pay a shop to do this correctly, can someone give me a ballpark range of how much it will cost to buy enough for the hatch, floors, doors (inside and outside sheetmetal) and hatch sides? This price should include the installation professionally. I will email the dude who runs the site for a quote and post back on here. I’m posting here to get a response from someone who’s already been through this process and can give me some insight.

Thanks in advance

I was thinking of doing the same thing since I got no back seats and all the damn exhaust noise travels up into my damn ears. I’am just going to dynamat my rear seat area, trunk and doors.

Let me know, how your shit goes.

Dynamat is like the Bose of sound proofing, over priced crap lol. I seriously suggest you go with something different and cheaper. Aim to get the butyl based stuff (such as RAAMmat) rather than the rubberized asphault considering it is basically permanent, and you dont want it to melt due to the greenhouse effect, if parked in the sun.

I found a link that might be of interest to you. Sound deadener showdown:
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

Enjoy…btw I’m not planning to do this any time soon, just planning ahead, its always nice to dream, while you save up meticulously. I just wanted to hear success stories, see install pics, get suggestions from those who have done it and could enlighten others, you know, the whole community deal.

hahah I would not use Bose as the referance becasue Bose is only “the best” to people that do not really know audio.
Look up Hushmat, the stuff is denser then Dynamat but you do not have to prep, you can apply by hand with no heat. I have about 40lbs of it in my car

Benson, I love your car lol. I have that pic of it you sent me, when it still had the pop-up lights, as my wallpaper. Its hard to find a 240 wallpaper thats not rice. The “redness” and the SE-R rims…awesome. Seeing that car in real life is on my “bucket list” lolll.

Btw, how much of a PITA is it to remove all the carpeting and the stock sound deadening, then installing the aftermarket stuff? Is it worth doing yourself, or just getting it done by a shop (no idea on $$$ required for labour…I bet its a lot).

Overall, how much better is the interior noise level?

Another thing…where did you buy that HushMat stuff from? Considering how heavy sound deadening can be, I’m trying to find it locally, that would be the shit.

i’d definately do it my self it would be rediculous at most shops, especially if u want to remove the original which i would do.