Favre Retires

The old man is calling it quits…he finished with an insane season…too bad he didn’t win the big game this year.

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=7962589

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - The Green Bay Packers are confirming Brett Favre’s decision to retire.

General Manager Ted Thompson says the Packers owe Favre a tremendous debt of gratitude.

Thompson says Favre has had 1 of the greatest careers in the history of the National Football League - and he’s able to walk away from the game on his own terms.

In a statement, Thompson says Favre has given Packers fans 16 years of wonderful memories, including a Super Bowl championship.

He leaves the game holding virtually every career passing record, plus his consecutive starts streak, which may never be duplicated.

Favre is a class act guy. Glad to see him go out on top. Would’ve been nice to see him leave with a 2nd SB ring, but it happens.

Wow, I didn’t think he would have retired so soon. I thought he would have a few more years left in him.

:frowning:

i had a feeling this was gonna be the year, wish he could have went out on top though

Favre is a class act guy:beer:

Yeah I was hoping his last pass of his career wouldnt have been that interception. I thought he would pull one more year, just to see if he could make it to the SB. He had a hell of a career.

hes the man. now is as good of a time as any. he had a great career, def one of my all-time favs

I’m glad to see him go out on top of his game. He broke a few records this past season which is a great way to end it if you’re not going to win a SB. If he ended up having a crappy season next year or got injured (not likely), then I’m sure he wouldn’t have been happy ending on a bad note.

He’s well respected by just about everyone and will be missed.

Sucks to see him go, but atleast he went out at a high point in his career. Think they will retire his jersey?

I very much enjoyed the 72 straight hours of Brett Favre coverage on ESPN last week. I’ll never forget, for as long as I live, what day Brett Favre retired.

i bet Madden ends himself.