Feeler: 1987 CBR 600 Hurricane

I have a black and red Honda '87 CBR 600 I am considering selling this spring. It has 16,xxx miles on it and it is all original except for a Cobra Racing slip-on muffler. I just replaced the front tire with a Dunlop Z-rated touring tire. Oil was changed every 1000 miles with valvoline synthetic 20w50 motorcycle oil. The overall condition is a 7 out of 10, there are a few scratches but that is expected from a 19 year old bike. It drives great with about 90hp its still pretty potent and exciting to ride. It would make a great first sport bike for someoune who is looking to learn how to ride. I would include a Joe Rocket mesh summer jacket size large and an HJC red and black full face helmet also large. I’m looking to get around $2K for everything but am open to offers. Let me know if there is any interest.

Eric

u really need to put and asking price man

Says he’s looking to get around $2000 in the post…

i love 80s bikes, glws man

pics???

I’ll get some pics up asap, the bike is in the shed right now with some of the plastic off so when i get a chance i’ll put it back together and snap a few.

how are the fork seals, lights, signals, will it pass inspection, rear tire? etc etc…

2k is kinda alot for an older bike, i sold my 87 for 800 bucks and it was practically mint with 14k on it… it was a kawi zx-6r but still… i may be interested in it for my g/f… get pics up and glwts

I replaced the fork seals last summer, all of the lights function properly and it has passed inspection without a problem every year so far. The brakes are 2 years old and the front tire has about 20 miles on it. The back tire has great tread and I think is about 4 years old. The $2k price is just a ballpark, i am going to be pretty flexible if i do definatly decide to sell it.

ill see what i get back for taxes and decide if i wanna buy a bike for the g/f… sounds good

like this http://100megsfree4.com/honda/h0600/cbr600f-87.gif

maybe ill take it to the track and not care if i crash… :slight_smile: track toy/girlfriends learning ride… cant beat that with a stick, also i can let my friend ride it till hes ALLOWED to buy a street bike

maybe 90 crank hp… no way 90 at the wheel though… i just read that… get some official pics please

clean title?

Someones’ interested I see…so am I… go bye your girlfriend that dirtbike thats for sale…lol!!!

clean title, the exact same bike as the pic willybean posted, 90 crank hp i would guess equals 78-80 wheel hp. I’ll get pics as soon as i get a chance, probably this weekend.