FIA Rally America roll cage...in an AutoX car

I can make it tighter than that, was just working with the shit S+W provided to keep costs low for JVG.

Great work man! I like looking at your work, and reverse engineering it in my head… make me think and get better at my own work on a much lesser scale than yours!

A+ effort, please doing business. <- ebay feedbackesque +rep

Did you cut out the floor in the back for a fuel cell or something?

Ive been wanting to see this car forever now haha

me too.

:rofl

I saw it today… Layed some wood and tools on it… Then reliezed animals got in the barn so threw some bait block on it and around it…

It had been done initially by someone else (of which I will not name)and was a complete shit hackjob, along with the seam welding of the chassis and interior “patch” panels.

I cut the remainder of that area out to get rid of the crap that had been put back there. Piss-poor welding that I wouldn’t have trusted on a lawn chair let alone holding up the weight of~15 gallons of fuel. I will be building a support for an ATL type bladder cell in the future. It also made it easier for me to access the areas to tie in the rear subframe to the cage(can see in that pic you quoted)

JVG needs to stop buying guns and weapons for ten minutes so he can get the cage painted before it rusts all to shit. :ninja

That evo cage looks awesome. Great work as always Adam

I just found a wad of cash in my desk drawer I stashed with intent on taking to the bank months ago. So, lets prime this bitch up. :ahh

what’s all this “we” shit. :rofl As if I don’t already have enough to do.

Working on cars that can run or do run > working on JVG’s future show car.

I don’t own any cars for show use anymore. He have more time if people didnt blow wads of cash on a car. Break it, fix it and sell it for a loss. rinse and repeat

Adam, off topic but what size DOM tubing would you recommend for a front bash bar that also double as a jack point?

Pot, meet kettle.

WOW that is fantastic work.

Do you mean “dash” bar or literally a bash bar behind the front end that you can hit things with? :rofl

Yes that is exactly what he means.

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Mike%20Garrett/1October/Garage%20Boso/one3.jpg

O sweet, brush guard.

1.75" between frame rails and triangulate down the center for jack point? 1.5" everywhere else?

I was thinking 1.5" errwhere but maybe larger is needed.

what Clark said, 1.75" x .095 wall DOM is fine. I built that massive crash bar/subframe on my subaru out of that exact material. Could pick the car up from it no problem. 1.5" of similar or .083 wall would also suffice if you’re looking to lighten it up a bit.