Fiber Re-Enforced Plastic

Lets just say that I am in the market for a new bumper. Is FRP any good? Is it gonna crack easily and if I hit something, or have to “pull” it into place for fitment?

any other thoughts on it?

yes its going to crack, and yes it probably will fit for shit… most of the time

This product in particular seems to get good feeback in the fitment category. I am worried about cracking though.

Anyone else have any experience?

How much is it?

FRP is basically fiberglass.

My sti bumper was FRP. It fit great, but it was also 1100 dollars unpainted.

I backed up into a plastic bucket once and it cracked the bumper a little bit.

it is $125 +shipping

not used. It is a Nismo V1 replica. Probably does not have any mouting holes drilled. The shop/store advertising is claiming that they will guarantee fitment or replace it if it does not fit.

Example Picture:

also thinking about getting a CF Hood

125 dollar FRP bumper is going to be absolute shit. Trust me. The guarantee fitment because it’s going to be more than 125 to ship BACK to them, so if you pay the 150 to ship it back, you get refunded the amount you paid, but you paid 150 to get it to you, now you’re out 300 bucks and have no product.

If you can’t spend 600+ on an aftermarket bumper, stick with OEM. You have a nice car, don’t shit it up with junk parts.

speaking of junk, I HATE YOUR AVATAR

damn you are right. Stupid fender bender warped a section of the bumper. Cheap bumper would probably end up just looking worse. Maybe I can work it out with some heat. I will have to pull it off and check it out.

someone sells a urethane version of that for ~300 (I have one), try Z1auto - it fits PERFECTLY on my car, YMMV

I was waiting for your response, thank you

I am going to look around on my350z. Z1 auto wants like $600.