Film : 300 (Review, trailers and more)

good movie i max was sold out for the entire night though

[quote=“vq30de,post:90,topic:24529"”]

it sucked

because i was in the 1st row. in the imax theathre

I couldnt see shit. me brains hurt

[/quote]

My rule of thumb is always show up about 30 minutes before a movie I want to see, 45 if I think it will sell out. That way I guarentee myself the seats I want.

saw the 11:10 show. It was sweet as hell. A bunch of great one liners in there also :tup:

Saw it last night at 10:30 in imax… was fucking awesome, we had good seats too :tup:

lol as far as the one liners, I thought they were kind of corny, i realize they are taken directly from the original story but they didn’t really seem like they fit - was one of the things people I went with agreed was kind of :gay:

http://stage6.divx.com/members/546727/videos/1148633

lol

[quote=“chino,post:104,topic:24529"”]

Saw it last night at 10:30 in imax… was fucking awesome, we had good seats too :tup:

lol as far as the one liners, I thought they were kind of corny, i realize they are taken directly from the original story but they didn’t really seem like they fit - was one of the things people I went with agreed was kind of :gay:

[/quote]

how did they not seem to fit?

[quote=“Rx3,post:85,topic:24529"”]

Ok, say best movie of the year so far.

[/quote]

agreed

i enjoyed… xerxes was a bit of a homo though

haha,check out the persian people who are upset over this movie…

http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/drv?mid=1809262865&s=rt_a&st=0&tot=2979&ys=zhEE_g4x4bmL5Kp4M7MGmA--

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:102,topic:24529"”]

My rule of thumb is always show up about 30 minutes before a movie I want to see, 45 if I think it will sell out. That way I guarentee myself the seats I want.

[/quote]

not bad… but i usually just try to stop by earlier in the day to buy tix. that way, shit’s on lock.

:tup:

[quote=“jeeves744,post:106,topic:24529"”]

how did they not seem to fit?

[/quote]

it seemed like often times in the movie they would speak in “old dialect” and then they would bust something out like “oh sorry bitch I can’t kneel because I gots a cramp in my leg”

this was not the best example i could think of but thats basically what I felt from some of the one liners

edit: and LOL at the parapeliagec whore in the den of sin :smiley:

[quote=“chino,post:111,topic:24529"”]

it seemed like often times in the movie they would speak in “old dialect” and then they would bust something out like “oh sorry bitch I can’t kneel because I gots a cramp in my leg”

this was not the best example i could think of but thats basically what I felt from some of the one liners

[/quote]

ahh, ok. Ya i know what you mean now that you mention it. I guess i didnt pick up on it during the movie.

[quote=“jeeves744,post:112,topic:24529"”]

ahh, ok. Ya i know what you mean now that you mention it. I guess i didnt pick up on it during the movie.

[/quote]

:word:

is my only gripe with it, and not much of a gripe at all, fucking awesome movie :tup: :tup:

Best fight scene in the movie?

I am going to have to say at either the beginning of the first battle when they slowed down Leonidas stabbing with the spear and then the sword or Stelios’s similar scene… Of course when Leonidas was battling the giant, that was pretty bad ass too…

best battle:

between leonidas and the giant, esp. where they slow down the giants blade scraping down leonidas’ face/helmet

or

stelios and astinos dual battle…up until astinos got his head lopped off and all lol…

that was def an F-bod all that is man movie

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:108,topic:24529"”]

i enjoyed… xerxes was a bit of a homo though

[/quote]

You’re just jealous of his sexy body :gay2: You wish you could go into battle with no plate armor :bloated:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/oldmother/men-on-films.jpg

Hated it! Just kidding… :mamoru:

[quote=“JDMR2,post:115,topic:24529"”]

best battle:

stelios and astinos dual battle…up until astinos got his head lopped off and all lol…

[/quote]

That one gets my vote :tup:

xerxes was actually played by a white guy. go to imdb.com

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:118,topic:24529"”]

[/quote]

Thank you Captain Obvious? :confused: I don’t get it.

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:118,topic:24529"”]

[/quote]

Who as we all know is a direct descendent of Xerxes himself. True story…