Finally going to do it, me thinks...

Trust me, the 250/300 will be plenty for you. Morons in this thread talking down to the 250’s/300’s.

I own an R6, and a Ninja 300. When you become a good rider, I guarantee you will leave everyone who claims big bikes are best behind carving up mountain roads.

No matter how much fun my R6 is in regards to acceleration, speed, and hell - even cornering, the Ninja 300 can be just as fun, if not more fun carving a good set of twisties than a 600+cc bike.

Don’t believe me? Even on the R6 forum where I posted about my Ninja 300, people who were track day regulars, and even a few who have their racing licenses and legit race, were talking about how they were downgrading to a 250/300 because they are just a load of fun.

Lightweight, and easy to throw around!

:IdiotsI can’t believe people in here are comparing cars to motorcycles. :gtfo
Ilya, you need to join a real motorcycle forum where there is logic. The handful in here who are knowledgeable clearly get drowned out by nonsense.

I started out on a Honda CBR900RR, and from experience, I can say it wasn’t the smartest idea. Bigger, heavier bike, never felt confident on it. I rode around with the biggest chicken strips like 95% of the local riders, that don’t know what the difference is between a Shinko Sport Touring tire and a Dunlop Q2 tire.

Lets watch R1’s and other big bikes beat the 250 on the straight, and then lets watch the 250 pass them in the turns…
[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz03sQeX02c”]Ninja 250 vs. the big bikes at Laguna Seca - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry, you’re not going to be doing wheelies like the cool kids (Even though my father has successfully wheelied the 300, so, I guess you can if you want), you’re not going to get all the girls who chill on the corner, and you may even have some squids laugh at you … but after all that, you’ll know you’re on track to being a much better rider than them.

Ben Spies, Valentino Rossi, Kevin Schwantz and all of them will never be caught saying “Yeah, go buy a 600cc, you’ll be awesome!” :facepalm

Why I even wasted my time typing this, I don’t know. Ilya, you seem smart. You don’t need me, RocketPunch, Gundam, HiSpeed, Vlad…etc to sit here and tell you what to do. Common saying is, new rider on a bigger bike means cheaper parts.

Be smart, ride safe, and have fun.

On a side note, I don’t mind people who stunt. 91teg can practice wheelies on the whole ride, and wear whatever he feels comfortable wearing, or speed off in to the distance - I don’t care, I’ll still ride with him, and others just like him. I ride my ride, they ride theirs. Motorcycles are supposed to be fun, and I have fun with everyone I ride with. It’s the people who call the lightweights pussy bikes and what not are the people I despise.

You don’t need a big bike to enjoy this awesome hobby. You’re best bet is to start small, at least for a year - see if you really like it. Most people will buy a bike and decide it’s not for them. Might as well start small, understand the bike, attempt to master the bike (Which I can nearly guarantee nobody here has “mastered” a 250 or 300, except maybe RocketPunch who will also probably say he can’t), and then decide if you want to go bigger.