Finally going to do it, me thinks...

They don’t even look cool haha the newest ones have their face lifts but still looks like a wanna be, I’ve owned a 1100 shadow and I was bored out of my mind…the cruiser thing just isn’t for me, I’ve ridden a drz400 fun and cool but def wouldn’t be my only bike because it gets annoying, I’ve ridden a 250 ninja and sure it’s light great on gas but omg I’d rather ride a bicycle like sbardy said… I really like 600’s especially my sv650 it sounds bad ass handles great and fun to ride around town and can take it around twists just as good as any other bike!

Pretty sure you can pay with creditcard.

might as well buy a moped.

i dont normally agree but yea buy a moped save ur self from getting a license and a shit ton of money on insurance

moped +1

if he gets a 250 instead of a 600 because its a better learners bike, he BETTER sell the infiniti and grab a geo metro ASAP… m35 sucks on gas and is WAY too fast and “dangerous” for the speed limit.

yea way too fast and ive seen a red infinity hit 80 on central once

lol

I honestly don’t see the issue of people wanting to start small to allow them to have a bit of safety margin, and talking down on people wanting to start on small bikes like that is not a positive way to encourage people who are new to riding.

For some reason if you want to be cautious and start small when you are new to riding, race or track your so called “moped”, and/or crashed because you are racing for position on a race track, suddenly you are fucking idiot and a pussy; while riding on your liter bikes popping wheelie on public roads and go to donuts shop parking lot standing around next your bike doing fucking nothing is somehow perceived as cool and manly…

Every time someone wants to start small on bike, they are being dehumanized and verbally abused about it in this board, the level of stupidity is rampant and is by far the worst I’ve seen on any motorcycle related forum.

Personally, if I did’t promise Vlad to moderate the board I probably would never post stuff here.

I hope you guys had your fun and get off on being abusive, personally I would not expect less from some of the shit I’ve seen here and members I’ve encounter here. There is a reason why some members here that are more serious about riding stay the fuck away from this board and with good reason.

Good luck and have fun. :Idiots

how is a 250 any safer then a 600 on the street? thats something i never got the point of maybe if your a retard and are going 150mph on central but other then that your just as likely to crash a 250 versus a 600 or 1000 either by not knowing what your doing and or getting hit by someone else learn on a 600 and save yourself money by not upgrading to a 600 and have to learn to ride a 600…

and im not trying to be a dick just voicing my “preference” since opinions can be wrong… ive put alot of though in the whole 250 debate… and thats my take on it i dont look down on people who ride a 250 or 300 just not what id want and personally if all i owned was a 250 i doubt id ride at all because its not enjoyable to me anyway

theres a reason why they hardly ever have more then 3000 miles on them and are up forsale all the time

WHOA! I’ve never seen rocketpunch get pissed before, but his feelings are totally understandable. If Ilya made this post on any other fourm he would have been praised for the maturity in his decision. Personally if I had the money I’d buy a 250 or 300 right now.

Ilya join the http://www.kawiforums.com/ you will be better received people will help you on your way there. If you ever decide to check out tracks let me know I plan on going to NYST in the near future.
Good luck man you will learn a lot on that bike, you will become a better rider & if you ever plan to sell it, it retains it’s value.

If you can’t have fun on a 250 you probably suck at riding.

I don’t get the point you guys are trying to make on getting a 600 vs a 250? The only difference (to me) is one does/gets to 100mph slower and the other does 150+ or whatever insane speed it is capable of and does it quickly. Why do I need all that power for technically a cruiser/commuter bike (which I will probably never upgrade from)? I don’t want a traditional cruiser as they don’t appeal to me aesthetically, nor do I want a moped/scooter for the same reason. The Ninja 250/300 looks like a super sport which is why I like it/them, even if it is a bit smaller and ‘as gay as V6 Camaro’. Who really gives a crap? The 600 is heavier, not as nimble as the 250 from what I understand, and as Vlad said would be less ideal for commuting (one of the major reasons I am getting a bike - so I can stop using my car for my daily commute to work in the summer). Being able to use one $10 tank of gas for 2-3 weeks instead of a $60 fill up every 5 days is one of the reasons that has always made me want to get a bike for the warm months. If I want power, I will just get in my car and do 120mph bombs down the highway :lol. My car isn’t fast, but it’s got plenty of power for my liking. Not everyone needs or wants uber amount of power. There is a reason why I never really modified my Maxima or this car to have, say, 100hp more than factory. I don’t give a crap about power. The 275hp my Infiniti has is more than enough for me, just as I imagine the 250cc of the Ninja will be enough for me.

As far as the posts, RocketPunch is dead on. Every time I post anything (in any subforum), a bunch of you come in with completely irrelevant posts, etc. about my personal life/choices that have nothing to do with the topic at hand (presumably just because it’s me posting and you enjoy getting under peoples skin for the dumbest of reasons). Happens just about every time. Relax and go do something more productive with your time.

RocketPunch, USMC, Vlad, Chad, HiSpeed, and Gundam…if I have any more questions I will message directly. I sincerely appreciate the help you’ve given thus far. Otherwise, I’m going to hand in my application for the permit, do the course at HVCC, and go from there.

Thanks again for those people who contributed actual useful information for helping me get started, and F U to the rest of you. :lol

Take the course first buy bike later. The lady at my office teaches the HVCC course. They have dropped and abused Ninja 250’s, GS250’s, rebels, all kinds of low power bombers to try out.

try a few while you take the course and see what you like and try to notice the differences between each bike. then you will have an idea of what you want to look for in a bike yourself.

:tbu

That’s actually my plan. You have a limited time to be on the permit from what I read, so I want to get the license part (via the course) squared away. I likely wouldn’t get the bike till next spring…giving myself plenty of time to find a good deal as well as get the course done and see what’s what.

Back the bus up a bit too people. To crunch through the equation of safety on a motorcycle its alot easier IMO to start at the bottom. The accident. If you dont pay attention like a hawk, any bike will kill you. If you pay attention and someone comes from a side road at ya, that 250 has shitty brakes and might not stop well, but that R6 has awesome brakes but much tuck a tire on ya. If you are on a back road in a turn going from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle on a 250 wont do shit leaned in, but on that 600 your probably going to highside it once it starts loop around and you panic chop the throttle. If you go off the road and hit a tree, anything past 45mph your probably dead (trust me I hit one and was a mess), that 250 and that 600 will do 45mph. Guardrail, same thing your split in two on either bike. Wack a car doing 55mph while your coming up on it at 160mph your dead too, 250 would take miles to get to that speed so its likely not going to happen, but that R6 will get there in a 1/4 mile or less.

%90 of rider safety is on the rider alone. 5% is the gear they have on AFTER the crash and the last 5% was probably partly the bikes fault in some way CAUSED by the rider’s %90 mentioned first.

Like every machine, and every rider everything needs to be considered to fit into a proper bike and a proper way to ride it.

Lol pro track riders up in here.

nahh, I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

LMFAO