Finally got a bike

Just picked up my first bike last Friday. It’s a 1995 cbr 600 f3, nothing special. The fairings are shit which is kind of what I was looking for. Needed a few things, the retard before me took out the idle adjustment completely and misplaced it, a new rectifier and a new brake lever because I dropped it right off the rip in the driveway.

I’ve driven it a couple times already and it’s awesome, this is my first time on a bike and I’m in love.

Only question I have is I want to make sure the carbs are synced when I get the idle adjustment in, any suggestions on where to go?

Congrats!

Pics?

It’s not a Smokin Joes is it?

Can’t be if its a '95, the Smokin Joes were only made in two years, '96 and '98.

Congrats on the bike, in for pics!

No all red

Fairings are off but I can take pic later

Welcome to the club! You’ll love it. I have just over 1,800 miles on my bike in 3 weeks. It’s addicting.

Sweet beans

I put 10k on my bike in a 24 hour period once.

My gearing is a little off.

Should bought a 250.

/thread.

Oh boy, thought someone was going to say something to me about getting a 600.

Well if you insist…

You should have started on a 1000 as you will get bored with this thing within a few weeks :tongue

Enjoy the first weeks as it’s the best, most thrilling/memorable times you will have and it will slowly become more and more mundane from now on. Similar to your first few weeks driving. Wish I could have that feeling back.

My record is ~3700 in 6 days. :ahh

Now that it’s starting to cool down in the evenings (60’s and sometimes 50’s), I do find myself preferring my car :lol. I bought all perforated stuff or stuff with great airflow and now I’m regretting it. Hah. Gets cold when you’re doing 70. Gotta tuck a crap load, but then my Shoe RF-1100 fogs up like a mother (anyone interested in a Bell Star Spirit? It broke in and is too big for my head). Lose lose :lol.

1k in a day is my real record. The first 200 were fun…

I remember my first season riding. Loved it so much, 35*F or higher I’d be out riding.

Nowadays… absolutely not. 60+ or I’m not riding.

You need warm weather gear and cold weather gear in my opinion. I try to ride well into November and start as early as March. If its not snowing I wanna ride. Pick up some leather pants or fleece lined chaps and shit and ride. Coming home from work at midnight in October and November does get chili, but I like the extra month or two it adds to my riding season. I usually call it quits when the first good snow storm hits or when they really salt up the roads, then I’m done.

Even 1000’s get boring; better to just go straight to the ZX-14. Apparently no one gets bored of it, otherwise there would be a ZX-15… :dunno

You can DIY a manometer or buy one for around $70.

Good luck with the bike, protect yourself and ride well.

ZX-14 does get pretty boring.

That’s why there is

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNx2TZWPAgQ”]ZX-14 Turbo - quick run to Best Buy - YouTube[/ame]

A little update. Fixed a few things on it, the retard before really did some weird things that I had to figure out. He took out the idle adjustment conpletely which I bought a new one, new rectifier with new harness, new thermostat and I put a new fan in it but it probably didn’t need it. After all that the bike was still overheating and my friend traced it back to a coolant line connected to the carb which was actually swapped around. So after everything was fixed it is now running cool and operating properly.

Now that everything is fixed I’ve noticed that the bike is running rich, especially under 7k rpms. I will probably take it somewhere to get the carbs synced, or at least checked out.

On another note I took Hvcc course and loved it. High recommend the class. I thought I wouldn’t learn much but there is a lot of valuable information in that class. So now I’m all legal, enjoying it.

you’ll be selling that thing for another boat soon enough guy…