Finally someone speaks up!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080109/ap_on_fe_st/odd_car_ad

:bigthumb:

Hey, right on. We need more parents like that.

cool.

I don’t know if I would have put the reason for getting rid of the car in an ad, but it’s cool she followed thru with selling the car. :bigthumb:

thats one way to teach your kid a lesson. Props to her

that is great!!

thats a little extreme. i can only imagine down the road she’ll have to buy him another one to replace it. doh!

that kid is pissing in her cheerios as we speak.

Not necessarily. The son can get a job and buy his own car if he doesn’t like mom’s rule. Good parenting, IMO.

serves the kid right for being a pansy and not drinking all the liquor at once

:bowrofl:

I would just punch my kid in the face while I was downing the rest of the bottle in front of him.

:bowrofl: :bowrofl:

lol

I will NEVER drink in front of my kids. at a young age anyway. When they are grown it is different.

I think she should be commended!!!

And its not about buying him another car…its the point in case. Hes 19, get a job! Buy a car! If your that old and you think your responsible enough to drive with alcohol in the car…then your more than responsible to get a job and pay your own bills! This is whats wrong with kids these days. No body tells them no and follows thru with it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

oldsmobile :bigthumb:

I wonder when the ACLU is going to show up.

soon, they never have a legitimate cause so they have time to spare.

He will be laughin his ass of the day he drops her of at shady pines retirment home…

I did something similar with my 16 year old son….but I am a little harder on my kids (well lets just say I expect them to respect me….and I will respect them).

Anyways…I made my son sign a one-page performance warning agreement to keep his grades at a minimum of straight B’s on all subjects, but my expectation was straight A’s. He was not pulling his end of his responsibility…which was to do homework, study for exams, and do his best in each class. He was blowing off homework in AP History…and it was showing in his grades…low C.

I gave him a performance warning like I do my employees at work. I set expectations, listed them, and documented what would happen if each performance measure was not met. On his third time of not meeting the goals….I sell his car!

If I caught him with booze and/or drugs….there would be no ad…it would be sold immediately on eBay.

I am lucky, I have great kids, but you do have to “work” a little sometimes to keep them on the right path. Parenting usually is not that hard…you just have to pay attention to your kids, respect and treat them as adults, and help them make good decisions.

***oh and by the way, it worked, back to A’s in classes…and he agreed that he was slacking, and wasn’t sure why, but it was nice we pulled him back into working hard again.

i remember my dad would always take my spark plug out of my dirtbike if i got in trouble at school. it was much worst than just grounding me

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Im glad to see there are parents out there that know how to discipline their kids w/o using a forceful hand. Your kids will listen if you talk.

And the part about treating them with respect as if they were an adult is something I have preached forever!!! I was nanny to my lil cousin the first year of her life…she paid more attention to me…especially in public than her mom bc she would just let her act up and then give in and give her what she wants. Now shes a spoiled lil brat. Except when shes with me.