sh*t on me

Might have a problem here, my father (previous owner of big block mustang, nova, 2 other mustangs and some other cars) decided today after the mechanic lowered the supra on the lift “damn greg this might be too fast for you” the 87 supra i am looking to buy is mechanicly sound (another buyer might pick it up but if not it might be mine with paps permition)

Now what this means, is that I might end up in some 4 cylinder peice of junk becouse he isn’t liking my choices in a first car… I feel sick right now lol

You can’t buy your own car?

I’m 17 I live in my parents house, so uhhh not if he says no

Edit: and its not like he’s buying it for me, its money I inherited from when my grandmother passed away, should I take him to court? lmao this sucksssssssssssss

Try and convince him that you will be responsible with it. Also mention to him that this is your dream car, and if this on is in good shape than that means it’s worth even more to you.

If it’s your money and you’re paying for everything… I say screw him.

But that’s just me :stuck_out_tongue:

Well actualy he is paying for my first months insurance intill I start working again lol But even if that wasn’t the case it some how ended up under his name, trust me if I had the money the car would be infront of my house now

Convince your mom you deserve it… then make her convince your dad :slight_smile:

Is it worth it to you? Is there another car that you can get and live with untill you get out of the house? There are some fights that are worth it and some that arent. Personaly I would say that this is one that is NOT worth it but thats your call

find something cheap, drive it for a couple years and save your money then buy something you want. Thats what i did and it worked out good.

^ word. having a money pit for a first car stinks.

This one is cheap, $1650 http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9086 for more info on the car

And it is worth it to me, the fact that if he says no to this that means any car I get I will not be able to modify to increase speed or preformence, without him getting mad and that means I lose power and heat in my room lol

As for convinsing my mom it wont happen once she hears the reason why my dad deosn’t want me to get it i’m screwed

when i was youngin i went through the same shit. parents always said. there house there rules. i blew up the motor on the first car they made me buy(twice)

It pisses me off so much though just becouse of my dad’s car experiences then he has the guts to tell me no. EDIT: he didn’t say no yet but I feel it coming thats that feeling like shit i have right now

He lost his lisence, and i’ve only heard two storys of him running from cops i’m sure there are more. He’s done more engine swaps and rebuilds then I have fingers (he also use to paint cars, he pretty much ran a garage out of his house). Cherry Bomb exhaust on one mustang, his friends always knew when he just got back into town lol

thats because he knows all the stupid shit he did in the past, and im sure a few times he was lucky to make it out without going to jail/dying and doesnt want it to happen to you.

Like i said, my parents could care less about cars and thinking modifying/racing them is stupid as hell. My first car had to be one they liked, then i saved up my own money and kept my driving record clean. This showed them i was responsable and since i was buying my 2nd car by myself they let me do what i want without any bitching. Hell now my dad loves to brag to our family and his friends that i have a trans am and about all the work me and my friends do to it.

even if hes buying the first months insurance BUY THE CAR NOW… he should have no say so in it

yeah my parents forced me to buy a truck as my first car because they figured it would be safer in an accident. I proved that i was responsible and my dad ended up getting me my na 300zx beacuse i was cool about my first car. That was cool because we had a project to work on together as well as a fun car to drive in high school. if ur dad is cool and into cars i wouldnt worry about it. You have plenty of years behind the wheel of a car to come, just chill

he lives at home, his parents have a BIG say in it.

Just listhen to what your old man says. Don’t get any speeding tickets or smash up your car for a few months, then he will probly be more understanding.

My parents are the same way, I want this camaro but nooooo, they want me to get the Tempo.

I built my first car, that i bought, and 350hp plus nitrous was too much for a new driver, and she ended up in a ditch on day three. I’m sure your dad isn’t stupid, and he knows what his skills were when he was 17, and he’s lookin out for you. you might not appreciate, until your in a bottom of a big ditch looking up, because as mature as you might think you are, your still going to have “fun” and you don;t have the skills to back it up, no flame intended, so don’t take it as such.