What is a good first car??????

hey im new here i am wonderin what would be a good first car like one that has some potential and also not spend a ton of money??

thanks

a few questions…

how old are you?
how much are you looking to spend?
domestic or import?

perhaps an early year rsx type s? but without more info its pretty pointless.

pretty vague…

what kind of $ r u spending?
potential for what?
what is a ton of money?

See above:

That said I’ll just base everything on what little you have in your profile.
-In high school (See: Interests)
-Want to be a madd leet racer (See: Biography)
-Like imports(See: Name)
-Near broke (See: Above)

That said, probably a 95 or earlier Honda Civic. Because you can blow all your minimum wage money on bolt-on parts that will have little to no effect. Think your car is awesomely quick, and it will still be reliable/good on gas/cheap to fix which is what you should really be concerned with.

Why make the name “TypeRtunerX” if you dont even own a car?
Honestly, Id say a civic, or an integra. Something that gets good mpg
stock, and if you do decide to mod it, you have a good platform to start on.

whats a “type r tuner x”? :gotme:

buy a kia!

lol

You say you want somthing with some potential, that makes me belive that you want to mod it or buy somithing kinda cool and try to fix it, my strong suggestion it is DO NOT try to do somthing that is out of your skill level and be honest with your self cause you will reget it, trust me I tried, you should probably just go for a well priced reliable DD untill you know what your doing

http://www.fbody.com/members/one2dmax/OtherCars/1992CamaroRS.jpg

get a CRX

they handel good, are cheap on gas, and cheap to maintain, the onlything you sacrafice is saftey.

but nothing will make you wanna drive smart like driving a tuna can, that your scared of dieing in :D.

ur right…

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb63/92TurboCivic/a-tricycle-j.jpg

I wish I would have, lol

It’s a toss up between a Wrx and a Evo.

Both are good on gas and cheap on insurance (for younger people)

Maintence is not bad and with awd it makes you almost invincble to crashing.

also they have a stiffer ride so you can feel your speed, so I doubt you will get any speeding tickets, and besides, either car sticks out much to the cops.

:loopie:

hey If ya got the cash and the will to keep it stock, its a good DD, Good luck with that though, lol

totally wrong.

gas on a evo is meh, not great but not bad… insurance will be KILLER, evo’s are the highest cars on the market today to insure and if hes sub 25 have fun paying over 3k/year in insurance. why do u think insurance is so high for evos? because parents buy these kids them and they crash them within short periods of time. maintenance is NOT cheap, a brake job all the way around will cost u over 1k, another reason why people cant afford them. yes they can afford the payments/insurance, but they dont realize what they are getting into when it comes to maintenance costs, its not very cheap. hell 02 sensors for my car are $250 a piece :lol:

well this kid isnt gettin and EVO so end story

looking at your previous posts, your a joke/uninformed.

so just play NFS and ride a bicycle.

omg.

someone didn’t catch the sarcasm.

people sure do like flaming… most of us were naive and foolish in our younger years.

it would certainly help if we knew your price range…

Indeed do if a few kids escaped that fate that would be nice, but judging by previous posts, there is no helping this one.