These last 15 hours have really been rather interesting

just a heads up, this is going to be a long one

so i get home from work last night as usual, sit down, drink a beer, and my phone rings. its a girl i havent talked to in years. im thinking to myself, well hmmm… this is weird.

so i answer and its not her, but her younger brother i kinda know. go through the whole o hay how ya been bs but then he goes, “can i ask you a favor?”

im thinking to myself, ok what does this kid want?

“can you teach me how to drive standard?”
“sure,” i say “why?”
“well, im looking at a car and its standard and ive never driven one before, i was thinking you could help me. i’ll throw you a couple bucks”
“fine, sounds good”
“how’s tonight?”

mind you, its 11 pm on a monday.

“ehhh, im kinda busy tonight”
“hows $50 sound?”
“you want to give me $50 to teach you how to drive standard on my pos honda? ok, deal”

so i drive over to his parents house and pick him up. we go to ecc and i show him the ropes :gay2:. he’s driving my cackord and it is rather aparent that he has never driven a 5 speed car before in his life. out of curiosity i ask him what kind of car he’s looking at.

“its an 04 sti” he goes
“wat”
“i put $500 down on it 3 days ago”
“WAT”
“im leaving to pick it up in 4 hours”

im in awe. i realize to many of you an sti isnt anythign too crazy. but for a 20 year old kid who cant drive standard im thinking this is outrageous

so he roasts the shit out of the clutch on my cackord for a few more minutes and he really has no fucking clue what he’s doing. like, at all. im telling him what do do, he either stalls or does a hairy burnout every time he lets it out of first.

“im nervous about getting my car tomorrow. would you come and drive it with me?”
“well where is it?”
“4 hours away in pennsylvania”
“you’ve got to be kidding me”
“i’ll give you $100 total”
“you got yourself a deal young man”

so i go home, its 1:15 or so, and i tell my gf whats going on. she doesnt seem too happy, but these things happen. i rest my eyes for an hour and a half or so, wake up, and he picks me up.

long story short, i ride with him, his sister and her friend out to pennsylvania, with $10k cash in the car for the down payment, to pick up an 04 white sti with 13k miles. minty fresh, stock as fuck, and hammer the shit out of it on the way back with him lol’ing in the passenger seat the whole way back

i just got in from my adventure, and boy am i tired. im going to go lay down

oh, best part- his other car is an old pos ranger. we get to his house and im like soooo how am i getting home? he’s like i’ll drive the sti. im like ok. he hasnt even sat in the drivers seat OF HIS OWN CAR he just paid 20k+ for. he stalls the car 10+ times, gets extremely frustrated, and drops me off in the ranger.

unbelievable

awesome… make that money son

eh today’s my day off. i had nothign better to do

so did you drive the STi back to buffalo?

reminds me when I bought mike’s (inntune) wrx. I was 16, paid cash for it and he drove it to my house.
I never drove stick before and it was friday night so I had to wait till monday to register it. I drove the thing around my drive way for hours each day and by the time i got it registered I was a pro at driving stick. haha.

Can’t wait to see the obituary.

He’ll learn.

How much clutches are.

^^ right? i havent driven an sti in a while (since newman lived with me and it was bone stock at the time) and im driving this thing and thinking to myself this is fast as fuck… i really hope that kid stays safe…

I got a 98 cobra days after I turned 20, and that is a MUCH less forgiving car.

My question is how the hell is he gunna afford the insurance, he should have just gotten a c5, insurance would cost him almost an eighth of what the sti will run him.

“you got yourself a deal young man”

Best part. LOL!

damn it, why didnt he call me, lol, i had off all day… SOB

You left out the part where you fucked his sister. Again.

Well at least clutch changes on a Subi are easy as hell. You can give him a lesson in that next;)

lol…if there was ever a time for +karma, it is now.

That is an excellent adventure, but I am curious as to how and why a 20 year old is buying such an expensive car? Unless he just fell into a bunch of money.

who is this by the way

future statistic. :tup:

Do you have any pics of the new car???with sister and friend naked in back???

I bet the sisters friend was a dude :gay2:

Do you really think the amount of power a car has makes it more or less difficult to learn manual transmission driving on? (holy grammar)

It’s nothing special, but I pretty much learned on my RSX. Sounds to me like he just needs time. I always feel the hardest part for new drivers is using your left leg. It gets tiring real quick, especially since it’s not just in or out, there is a little precision required. Over the next few days, his leg will get used to it and he’ll be fine. Unless he gets lazy and just stops trying to learn. Then he’ll abuse the clutch.