finally

It is no misconception a new arena was needed. Not only for the NHL but for many other events it was NEEDED to get a new arena. New arena’s will generate a lot more $ than the current arena…don’t get me wrong I love the Igloo but it is time to go to stay competitive not only for hockey but for many other events. I think the city was in need of a new arena more than the 2 stadiums consider how much an arena is used compared to stadiums. I am sure it will cost the public $ and some headaches but in the end Pittsburgh will be a bit nicer and I am sure the city will actually make more $ (after paying it’s portion) than it would if the Igloo was just remodeled. So you see I am not “ball rider”, I am just some guy with some common sense and it able to look at the big picture. I just think it is funny how people will/are getting mad about something that is well over due and will help improve their city…when no taxes will be raised. As for your redevelopment comment, Look at what PNC Park and Heinz Field did for that area. The new designs for new stadiums and arena now put a lot more into the design other than a place to hold events…there is a lot more thought put in how to not only make more $ but to make it a more “developed” area. Salt wash the salt off and kick back and enjoy. :slight_smile: